News

Former Project Veritas Whistleblowers Speak Out In Support Of James O’Keefe

   DailyWire.com
DALLAS, TX - NOVEMBER 29: James OKeefe, founder of Project Veritas, speaks about the organizations work to a gathering hosted by the Young Americans for Freedom at Southern Methodist University on Wednesday, November 29, 2017.
(Photo by Laura Buckman for The Washington Post via Getty Images)

Former Project Veritas whistleblowers have spoken out in support of James O’Keefe, who was recently removed as the group’s CEO.

In the letter, over a dozen Project Veritas “insiders,” say that they were shocked by the removal of O’Keefe, arguing that there would be no Project Veritas without O’Keefe, who founded the investigative group over ten years ago.

“As individuals who trusted Project Veritas with our stories, the removal of James O’Keefe by the Board of Directors was extremely disappointing and shocking. Without James O’Keefe, there is no Project Veritas,” the letter, which was shared on social media by Google whistleblower Zach Vorhies, says. 

“We sacrificed our jobs and livelihoods in order to give James O’Keefe hard evidence of fraud and corruption, whether it was at CBS news, Fox news, Google, Facebook, UPS, Pfizer, Hasbro, DHS, CNN, ESPN, HHS, or United Healthcare,” the letter continues. 

The letter added that while many of them had been “reluctant” to share their stories with the public, they “trusted” O’Keefe and knew they would not sell them out. 

They added that they still had “unanswered questions” about what happened between O’Keefe and the board to cause the separation. Those who signed onto the letter included Facebook insider Cassandra Spencer, Hasbro insider David Johnson, and Pfizer insider Melissa McAtee, among others. 

“Because of James there is a growing movement of whistleblowers who are willing to come forward and tell their stories. We stand united with James O’Keefe and his team of journalists that selflessly strive to expose corruption and uncover the truth,” the letter concluded. 

According to the board of Project Veritas, they had concerns about O’Keefe’s financial decisions and staff retention at the group. “James has spent an excessive amount of donor funds in the last three years on personal luxuries,” the board said in a statement. 

CLICK HERE TO GET THE DAILY WIRE APP

The board added that O’Keefe was “suspended indefinitely pending the resolution of a fulsome investigation and clarity which will need to be provided by a third party investigative audit report.”

O’Keefe announced Monday that he was out at the group, saying that his position and authority had been stripped from him. 

“Currently, I have no job at Project Veritas,” he added. “I have no position here based upon what the board has done — so I’m announcing to you all that today, on President’s Day, I’m packing up my personal belongings here.”

O’Keefe also claimed he had issued an ultimatum to the board to resign, which was not heeded, and he hinted at a future beyond Project Veritas. “Our mission continues on. I’m not done. The mission will perhaps take on a new name,” he said.

Got a tip worth investigating?

Your information could be the missing piece to an important story. Submit your tip today and make a difference.

Submit Tip
The Daily Wire   >  Read   >  Former Project Veritas Whistleblowers Speak Out In Support Of James O’Keefe