Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas was caught raging against other nations during a profane rant that was leaked to the media.
The Washington Free Beacon reported that the rant was fueling questions about the 85-year-old’s health with critics speculating that he is in poor mental and physical health.
“When asked by an unidentified attendee at the Fatah political party’s April 19 meeting what his message to China is on the 100th anniversary of the Chinese Communist Party, Abbas went ballistic,” the report said. “‘F**k the c**t of China with a shoe!’ Abbas screamed, according to an independent Arabic translation of his remarks provided to The Washington Free Beacon. ‘That good for you?'”
Moments later, Abbas allegedly yelled, “And Russia, America, and all the Arabs. What’s wrong with you? All of you go to hell!”
Leaked audio recording of Mahmoud Abbas cussing out Russia, the Arabs, and China (Fatah Central Committee meeting April 19,2021) pic.twitter.com/bLngjLMXl8
— Fadi Elsalameen فادي السلامين (@Elsalameen) April 22, 2021
The leak comes as roughly the same time that The New York Times published a report documenting leaked remarks from Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif.
Key takeaways from the leaked audio:
- Former Secretary of State John Kerry informed him that Israel had attacked Iranian interests in Syria at least 200 times, to his astonishment, Mr. Zarif said.
- Zarif said the Revolutionary Guards Corps call the shots, overruling many government decisions and ignoring advice.
- [Zarif] also says that by assassinating [Maj. Gen. Qassim Suleimani, the commander of the Guards’ elite Quds Force] in Iraq, the United States delivered a major blow to Iran, more damaging than if it had wiped out an entire city in an attack.
The report sparked calls for an investigation into Kerry and calls for him to immediately resign from his position, including:
- Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX): “If this tape is verified, it would signal catastrophic and disqualifying recklessness by Envoy Kerry to Foreign Minister Zarif that endangered the safety of Americans and our allies. And it would be consistent with his long pattern of empowering Iran’s regime. Kerry poured hundreds of billions of dollars into the Ayatollah’s terrorist bank accounts, was a close confidant with Zarif during the Obama administration, and was caught repeatedly meeting with him during the Trump administration (notwithstanding the Logan Act) — and has never publicly accounted for what they discussed.”
- Mike Pompeo, former Secretary of State and CIA Director: “It looks like from this reporting, that it’s confirmed what we can already believe, which was that while I was briefing President Trump, Kerry was briefing Zarif on intelligence that related to Israeli operations, I hope that’s not true. John Kerry needs to come forward, Secretary Kerry needs to speak to the American people and explain to them why he was meeting with Zarif. We know he did that, he’s admitted as much, what he was talking about. We believe that he was absolutely telling the Iranians hang on, this pressure campaign, the power that’s being exerted by America against you, it’ll be over, we’ll win this election. It’ll just be four years, you can hang in there. Don’t, don’t for a minute negotiate with the Trump team. And so Secretary Kerry’s got an awful lot of explaining to do. There’s no reason to think that these remarks that Zarif made, according to The New York Times, they were made in private, he didn’t think they were going to come out, there’s no reason to think that he wasn’t telling you that he was truly surprised that he did not know about these Israeli operations, until Secretary Kerry told him about them.”
- Rep. Elise Stafanik (R-NY): “his is a criminal act and John Kerry must be immediately investigated and PROSECUTED. President Biden must immediately remove John Kerry from any government or advisory position.”
- Former U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley: “This is disgusting on many levels. Biden and Kerry have to answer for why Kerry would be tipping off Iran, the number one sponsor of terror, while stabbing one of our greatest partners, Israel, in the back.”
- Donald Trump Jr.: “Imagine for a second a Trump official sitting on the NSC, like Kerry does, told Iran details about Israeli strikes? I believe the media would be screaming TREASON and they wouldn’t be too far off, but of course they’ll say and do nothing because they’re useless propagandists.”
- Rep. Jim Banks (R-IN): “John Kerry must resign immediately. The investigation should be retrospective.”
- Sen. Tom Cotton (R-AR): “These reports are concerning—I’d like the opportunity to ask Secretary Kerry about this in a closed hearing.”
- Sen. Marsha Blackburn (R-TN): “If intel leak rumors are true, John Kerry should seriously consider resignation.”
- Sens. Dan Sullivan (R-AK) and Rick Scott (R-FL) both called for Kerry to resign.
The Daily Wire is one of America’s fastest-growing conservative media companies and counter-cultural outlets for news, opinion, and entertainment. Get inside access to The Daily Wire by becoming a member.