The decade's most triggering comedy
There were several moments over the last week where video clips went viral of far-left climate protesters causing chaos for ordinary Americans.
Climate change expert Michael Shellenberger said during an interview this week that the protesters have become “more infantile in their protests over the last year.”
“We saw them throwing soup at van Gogh paintings, spilling milk onto the floor, gluing their hands onto the floor,” he said. “These are behaviors of toddlers, of people who are not raised right, and now it’s been up to law enforcement to deal with their tantrums.”
He noted that the protesters are generally people who are not “capable of doing anything creative or beneficial to society so they find themselves just engaging in destructive behaviors.”
Here are the top-5 moments from the last week:
1. When eco-protesters set up a blockade blocking the road to Burning Man in Nevada, rangers from the Pyramid Lake Paiute Tribal Police Department drove their truck straight through the blockade, breaking up the impasse that had gridlocked traffic for miles; roughly 150 vehicles were reportedly backed up.
The protesters had blocked the road with signs attached to a trailer. Angry drivers failed to move the blockade with their own efforts until the rangers intervened. One woman had chained herself to the trailer. Some of the signs read, “General Strike for Climate” and “Abolish Capitalism.”
The rangers meant business; one got out of his truck with his weapon drawn, ordering, “Get out now! On the ground! All of you on the ground now!”
#BREAKING "I'm gonna take all of you out!" – Nevada Rangers ram through climate protest blockade, point a gun at an activists as they smash them onto the ground for arrest after group @7seven_circles shut down BURNING MAN
— FreedomNews.Tv FNTV (@FreedomNTV) August 27, 2023
2. Declare Emergency climate protesters blocked a road in Washington, D.C., enraging motorists who were trying to get to work on time.
“I wanna go to work!” one man screamed at the protesters as he tore their signs away.
“We gotta go to f***ing work!” another woman screamed. “We gotta go to f***ing work! I got kids to feed!”
VIDEO THREAD: On Saturday morning, @DecEmergency climate activists blocked a street in Washington DC again, their third time this week.
— Ford Fischer (@FordFischer) August 27, 2023
3. A group comprised of most of the same protesters in Washington, D.C., also blocked traffic inbound to D.C. during rush hour.
One woman got out of her car and shoved the protesters out of the way while someone in the car she was riding in was able to get around them.
VIDEO THREAD: This morning during rush hour, an angry passenger got out of her car and physically pushed Declare Emergency climate activists out of her car's way as they blocked the highway.
The group shut down inbound traffic into DC to demand Biden declare a climate emergency. pic.twitter.com/Tgo9n5mXm5
— Ford Fischer (@FordFischer) August 23, 2023
4. Climate protesters were causing a disturbance at a gathering of bankers in Jackson Hole, Wyoming, at which point officials body-slammed one of the protesters. The activists claim that they were “brutally tackled, assaulted and kneeled on.”
Major update: we are in Jackson Hole, Wyoming – at the world’s largest gathering of central bankers. We came to ask the Fed to use its vast powers to end fossil fuel finance. In response we were brutally tackled, assaulted and kneeled on. pic.twitter.com/AVcXStvqIj
— Climate Defiance (@ClimateDefiance) August 25, 2023
5. Cars in Germany drove through protesters as they attempted to block roads. Two of the protesters rode the hood of a car for a fairly significant distance.
Weiter, immer weiter! Egal wie düster die Prognosen für die Zukunft sind – oder was auf deiner Motorhaube liegt. pic.twitter.com/PVcQMIo1GG
— Letzte Generation (@AufstandLastGen) August 28, 2023