A woke doctor, who is also a professor and a medical director, claimed Friday that President Joe Biden was “epitomiz[ing] white supremacy” because he was allegedly working while sick with what has been described as a mild coronavirus infection.
The remarks from Kimberly Sue, MD, who is an assistant professor of medicine at Yale University and the medical director of an organization that advocates for giving drug addicts clean needles, come after Biden claimed that he was “getting a lot of work done” while sick.
“POTUS working while having COVID infection epitomizes white supremacy urgency in the workplace,” Sue tweeted. “Sets a bad example for everyone that he cannot rest. COVID infection is serious, symptoms debilitating for many, and ppl should take time off without working through it.”
Notable responses to Sue’s tweet included:
- James Woods, actor: “Because working epitomizes ‘white supremacy?’ Can you hear yourself?”
- Rita Panahi, political commentator: “Too many in the medical profession seem determined to beclown themselves.”
- David Harsanyi, The Federalist: “Working while sick is ‘White supremacy urgency.’ You definitely need a PhD to come up with something that insane.”
- Larry Taunton, columnist: “Because people of color are lazy, right? Leftists can’t help outing themselves as the real racists.”
- Daniel W. Drezner, professor: “Putting the claims of ‘white supremacy’ to one side, surely a competent doctor would know better than to offer the exact same strictures to everyone infected with a disease that generates wildly varying symptoms.”
- Kurt Schlichter, attorney: “This is perhaps the stupidest tweet I’ve seen on Twitter today.”
- Brit Hume, Fox News: “This is what happens to the brains of people who view the world and all that is in it through the prism of race.”
The 79-year-old commander-in-chief was experiencing “very mild symptoms,” the White House said in announcing Biden’s diagnosis on Thursday. He is able to participate in regular meetings and is taking Paxlovid, officials said.
“This morning, President Biden tested positive for COVID-19,” White House Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre said. “He is fully vaccinated and twice boosted and experiencing very mild symptoms.”
“He has been in contact with members of the White House staff by phone this morning, and will participate in his planned meetings at the White House this morning via phone and Zoom from the residence,” she added in the statement. “Consistent with White House protocol for positive COVID cases, which goes above and beyond CDC guidance, he will continue to work in isolation until he tests negative. Once he tests negative, he will return to in-person work.”
Tim Pearce contributed to this report.