Fox News host Neil Cavuto cut coverage of the network’s coverage of a speech from White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany on Monday as she spoke on behalf of the Trump campaign in a personal capacity about how she believes that Democrats do not support many of the measures that Republicans say will tighten up security surrounding U.S. elections.
“There is only one party in America that opposes voter ID,” McEnany said. “One party in America that opposes verifying signatures, citizenship, residency, eligibility. There is only one party in America trying to keep observers out of the count room and that party, my friends, is the Democrat Party. You don’t take these positions because you want an honest election. You don’t oppose an audit of the vote because you want an accurate count. You don’t oppose our efforts at sunlight and transparency because you have nothing to hide.”
“You take these positions because you are welcoming fraud and you are welcoming illegal voting,” she said before Fox News cut coverage of her remarks. “Our position is clear, we want to protect the franchise of the American people. We want an honest, accurate, lawful count. We want maximum sunlight; we want maximum transparency. We want every legal vote to be counted and we want every illegal vote to be discarded. Unlike our opponents, we have nothing to hide.”
Cavuto cut off her remarks, saying, “Whoa, whoa, whoa. I just think we have to be very clear that she’s charging that the other side is welcoming fraud and welcoming illegal voting. Unless she has more details to back that up, I can’t in good countenance continue showing you this.”
“I want to make sure that they maybe they do have something to back that up, but that’s an explosive charge to make,” he continued, “that the other side is effectively rigging and cheating. If she does bring proof of that, of course, we’ll take you back.”
Fox News cuts away from the Trump campaign press conference with Neil Cavuto saying that they "can't in good countenance continue showing this" when @PressSec says that Democrats are "welcoming fraud and welcoming illegal voting" in the election pic.twitter.com/0d5B5cJ0D8
— Daily Caller (@DailyCaller) November 9, 2020
McEnany’s remarks come as ballots are still being counted in several states, and the media has declared that Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden the winner of the election. The Trump campaign has filed lawsuits challenging various aspects of election process in states from Nevada to Pennsylvania.
TIME Magazine highlighted the various lawsuits that the campaign has filed in each state:
- To compel Philadelphia election officials to stop counting ballots.
- To compel state election officials to allow Trump campaign officials closer observation of the counting process.
- To compel Pennsylvania Secretary of State Kathy Boockvar and all 67 counties to impose an earlier date for voters to show proof of identification if it was not on their initial ballots.
- To compel the Montgomery County Board of Elections to stop counting mail-in-ballots.
- To intervene in an already existing dispute before the U.S. Supreme Court about whether ballots the state received after 8 p.m. on Election Day should count.
- To impose an injunction on the automated signature-verification machines used in Clark County as ballots continue to be counted.
- To compel state election officials to allow the public closer observation at a Clark County ballot-counting facility.
- To halt the counting of absentee ballots, on the grounds that campaign officials had not been given access to observe the process as required by state law.
- To halt the certification of election results in Detroit, Michigan’s largest city and a Democratic stronghold.
- To disqualify about 53 ballots.
This article has been updated after publication to include additional information.
The Daily Wire is one of America’s fastest-growing conservative media companies and counter-cultural outlets for news, opinion, and entertainment. Get inside access to The Daily Wire by becoming a member.