Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) sent a letter to Pfizer this week demanding answers after an undercover sting video was published by Project Veritas this week that allegedly showed an official at the company claiming that it was involved in controversial research related to vaccines.
The 10-minute video, which has been viewed nearly 20 million times, shows a man identified as Jordon Trishton Walker, Pfizer’s director of research and development, strategic operations – mRNA scientific planner, claiming that the company is “exploring” ways to “mutate” coronaviruses so they can “create — preemptively develop new vaccines.”
“If we’re gonna do that though, there’s a risk of like, as you could imagine — no one wants to be having a pharma company mutating f***ing viruses,” he said. “Don’t tell anyone. Promise you won’t tell anyone. The way it [the experiment] would work is that we put the virus in monkeys, and we successively cause them to keep infecting each other, and we collect serial samples from them.”
“You have to be very controlled to make sure that this virus [COVID] that you mutate doesn’t create something that just goes everywhere,” he added. “Which, I suspect, is the way that the virus started in Wuhan, to be honest. It makes no sense that this virus popped out of nowhere. It’s bulls***.”
Rubio responded to the video by sending a letter to Dr. Albert Bourla, chief executive officer and chairman of Pfizer Inc.
“I write in response to troubling reports on Pfizer’s intention to mutate the SARS-CoV-2 (COVID) virus through gain-of-function, or ‘directed evolution,’ as detailed by Pfizer Director of Research and Development, Jordan Walker,” Rubio said in his letter. “As has been proven time and time again, attempts to mutate a virus, particularly one as potent as COVID, are dangerous. If the claims detailed in the video are true, Pfizer has put its desire for profit over the concern of national and global health and must hold itself accountable.”
“In a video released by Project Veritas on January 25, 2023, Mr. Walker laid out Pfizer’s plans to develop new vaccines for future variants of COVID by mutating the virus through directed evolution, a process that uses protein engineering to impose natural selection on a living organism or other biological materials, including viruses,” the letter continued. “Though he claimed the research is currently ‘exploratory,’ he detailed how the research would proceed, such as how scientists would inject the mutated viruses into monkeys and collect serial samples from other monkeys who are infected.”
UPDATE: PFIZER DENIES CONDUCTING COVID GAIN-OF-FUNCTION RESEARCH IN DELAYED RESPONSE TO VERITAS VIDEO
Rubio demanded that Pfizer answer the following questions:
- What efforts is Pfizer currently, or planning to, engage in to mutate the SARS-CoV-2 virus?
- Does Pfizer intend to continue mutating the SARS-CoV-2 virus through gain-of-function, or directed evolution research, with the purpose of creating new vaccines before the variant is present in the greater population?
- Has Pfizer engaged with federal officials engaged regarding their plans to oversee this research? Please provide the names and agencies for these individuals.
- What steps has Pfizer taken to ensure the mutated virus does not leak from the laboratory and infect the greater population?
- Has Pfizer engaged with other biopharmaceutical companies to collaborate on this research effort? Please list the entities that you have been in contact with.
- Will you commit to halting any future research that mutates the SARS-CoV-2 vaccine as substantial evidence has indicated that similar dangerous research at the Wuhan Institute of Virology very likely led to the initial emergence and global spread of the virus?
Related: WATCH: Pfizer Official ‘Physically Assaults’ James O’Keefe, ‘Destroys iPad Showing Undercover Recordings’