Democrat Vice President Kamala Harris was mocked Tuesday afternoon after she introduced herself with her pronouns during a roundtable discussion.
Harris made the remarks during a meeting with disability rights leaders on the anniversary of the signing of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
“Good afternoon. I want to welcome these leaders for coming in to have this very important discussion about some of the most pressing issues of our time,” Harris began. “I am Kamala Harris. My pronouns are ‘she’ and ‘her,’ and I’m a woman sitting at the table wearing a blue suit.”
Journalists noted online that Harris stated what she was wearing out of respect for anyone who was visually impaired since the event was about disability rights.
Harris’ remarks generated widespread mockery online, including from the following notable figures:
- Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX): “But what is a woman?”
- Richard Grenell, former Acting Director of National Intelligence: “I blame the California media for this weakness. Identity politics is unAmerican.”
- Harmeet Dhillon, attorney: “How does she know though….about the woman thing…. or the blue thing for that matter.”
- Christopher Rufo, writer and activist: “It’s stunning to watch the language of gender ideology capture institution after institution, all the way to the Vice Presidency of the United States. This isn’t about pronouns; it’s about signaling and then setting the expectation for ideological submission.”
- Monica Crowley, former Assistant Secretary of the Treasury: “We have an infantilized President due to dementia and an infantilized Vice President due to idiocy.”
- Chad Gilmartin, adviser to Rep. Kevin McCarthy (R-CA): “I’m noticing ‘competent’ is not part of Kamala Harris’ identity.”
- Libs of TikTok: “The Vice President of the United States is now introducing herself with her preferred pronouns.”
- Dan McLaughlin, writer: “And they wonder why ordinary Americans think these people have lost their grip.”
- Christina Sommers, writer and activist: “If she would repudiate woke inanities and move towards a commonsensical centrism, she would be embraced by a majority of Americans. Instead, she just digs in.”
- Nile Gardiner, former aide to British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher: “The ridiculously ‘woke’ Biden/Harris White House. Obsessed with stupid far Left ‘pronouns’ while millions of Americans are struggling to pay for food, fuel and their homes due to the disastrous economic policies of the out of touch Biden Presidency.”
- Miranda Devine, writer: “Cringe-meter dialed up to 100.”