A Florida magistrate judge who reportedly signed off on the FBI’s raid of former President Donald Trump’s home has ties to convicted sex offender and pedophile Jeffrey Epstein, who was found dead of an apparent suicide in August 2019.
Sources told The New York Post that Judge Bruce Reinhart approved the search warrant that authorized the raid of the former president’s home. That judge had previously represented Epstein employees who had received immunity in the investigation of Epstein’s sex trafficking, according to the Miami Herald.
Reinhart reportedly resigned from the South Florida U.S. Attorney’s Office on January 1, 2008, and the next day went to represent the Epstein employees. He told the Miami Herald that he represented Epstein’s pilots, Epstein’s scheduler Sarah Kellen, and Epstein’s reported “Yugoslavian sex slave” Nadia Marcinkova.
Sealed search warrant here signed by Bruce E Reinhart, magistrate judge for the Southern District of Florida https://t.co/Vl1FkjjMt8
— Miranda Devine (@mirandadevine) August 9, 2022
He would later be named in the 2011 Crime Victims’ Rights Act lawsuit, accusing him of violating DOJ policies through the job change in the midst of the Epstein investigation, according to the Herald.
Reinhart denied this allegation, claiming he “never learned any confidential, non-public information about the Epstein matter,” according to the Herald, and denying that he participated in the Epstein case while at the South Florida U.S. Attorney’s Office.
The South Florida U.S. Attorney’s Office declined to comment for this story.
His former colleagues contradicted this in a 2013 court filing that said Reinhart had learned “confidential, non-public information about the Epstein matter,” the New York Post reported. In response to this accusation, Reinhart reportedly told the Herald that the Justice Department had dismissed a complaint that an Epstein victim’s lawyer had filed against him.
In March 2018, he was elevated to a magistrate judge, according to the New York Post, and this week, he reportedly signed off on the Trump raid that shocked the nation.
Reinhart did not immediately respond to a request for comment from The Daily Wire. The National Pulse reported that he donated to former President Barack Obama’s campaign twice in 2008, and to former presidential candidate Jeb Bush’s campaign in 2015.
The Herald reported that two recent but sealed warrant applications had been entered into the court system and assigned to Reinhart on Monday. He was also issued another warrant on Friday, the publication reported, but that one is also sealed.