President Donald Trump has repeatedly touted the flourishing economic climate in the United States as being one of the major successes of his administration — a fact that goes either largely unreported in the media or is reported as the fruits of the Obama administration. But a new report shows that economists agree with Trump’s assessment.
The Wall Street Journal asked 68 economists spread across academia and throughout the business world who was responsible for the booming economy, and, “happily for President Trump, the pros agree with him,” The Hill reported. “A recent survey of economists suggest it is President Trump, and not Obama, who should be taking a bow.”
Key takeaways from the report:
- Most of the economists said Trump was “‘somewhat’ or ‘strongly’ positive for job creation, gross domestic product growth and the rising stock market.”
- The experts said Trump’s decision to cut regulations and cut taxes were a major factor.
- The group gave Obama “neutral-to-negative for GDP growth and negative for long-term growth,” while scoring Trump as “neutral to positive for long-term gains.”
- The group of economists said Trump scores higher than Obama because business confidence is higher and business investments are increasing under Trump.
The report comes as House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) said the recent GOP tax reform bill was “insignificant,” and only gave “pathetic” “crumbs” to workers — which stands in stark contrast to how she described Obama’s $40 payroll tax cut.
As previously reported by The Daily Wire, major economic victories for the Trump administration include:
- Dow Hits 25,000 For The First Time Ever
- Job Creation In December Smashed Expectations
- Job-Cut Announcements In 2017 See Lowest Level Since 1990
- Manufacturing In The U.S. Had Its Best Year In 2017 Since 2004
- Approximately 100 Companies Have Announced Or Are Planning To Announce Bonuses, Wage Hikes, And Charitable Donations Due To GOP Tax Reform