Democrat President Joe Biden plummeted to a new low in a Harvard Harris poll released this week as the majority of Americans now say that he is too old for office and have questions about his mental fitness.
“Biden’s approval rating fell to 39 percent in the poll,” The Hill reported. “Of that, 18 percent of registered voters said they strongly approve of the job he’s doing, while 21 percent say they somewhat approve. Meanwhile, 53 percent said they somewhat or strongly disapprove of his job performance.”
More Americans strongly disapproved of the job that Biden is doing as President, 40%, than the number of Americans who strongly approve or somewhat approve of Biden’s job performance combined, 39%.
Biden’s approval rating is now down six percentage points from November and his disapproval rating increased by two percentage points from 51% in November.
Other top lines from the poll included:
- When asked, “Do you think President Biden is able to handle difficult international issues like defending Ukraine from the Russians and protecting Taiwan from China or is he not able to handle these kinds of problems?” a majority of Americans, 54%, said that Biden “is not able.”
- When asked, “Is Joe Biden mentally fit to serve as President of the United States or do you have doubts about his fitness for office?” a majority of Americans, 53%, said, “I have doubts about his fitness.”
- When asked, “Do you think Joe Biden is showing he is too old to be President or do you think he is showing he is fit to be president?” a majority of Americans, 61%, said Biden is “showing he is too old” while only 39% said Biden is “Showing he is fit to be president.”
- When asked, “Do you approve or disapprove of the way the Republican Party is handling its job?” 48% said that they approved, while 52% said they disapproved.
- When asked, “Do you approve or disapprove of the way the Democratic Party is handling its job?” 40% said that they approved, while 60% said that they disapproved.
- When asked, “How strong do you think the U.S. economy is today?” 37% said strong, while 63% said weak.
The new Harvard Harris poll comes after Biden’s approval rating crashed to 33% earlier this month in a separate poll from Quinnipiac University.
Biden’s approval rating in the Quinnipiac University poll from Democrats sank by double digits from 87% in November to 75% in the new poll. The percentage of Democrats who now disapprove of him doubled from 7% to 14%. Only 1 in 4 Independents approved of Biden’s job performance while only 2% (not a typo) of Republicans approved of Biden’s job performance.
Biden earned bad scores on major issues, including:
- the economy: 34 percent approve, while 57 percent disapprove;
- foreign policy: 35 percent approve, while 54 percent disapprove;
- the response to the coronavirus: 39 percent approve, while 55 percent disapprove.
Looking at the poll’s breakdown of racial demographics, the group that least approved of Biden was Hispanics with only 28% approving.