Democrat President Joe Biden joked about running over a reporter with a truck on Tuesday after the reporter asked whether she could ask him a question about Israel.
The question came as Israel has repeatedly been under attack for over a week from Palestinian terrorist organizations that have launched thousands of rockets at Israel’s population.
“Biden had just delivered a speech at a Ford factory to push for the transformation of electric vehicles through passage of his American Jobs Plan,” USA Today reported. “The $2.3 trillion infrastructure plan would pump $174 billion into electric vehicles. Calling electric vehicles ‘the future of the auto industry,’ Biden said the investments are needed to catch up to China in production and sales.”
Biden made the remarks while he was test driving a new electric:
REPORTER: Mr. President, can I ask you a quick question on Israel before you drive away?
BIDEN: No, you can’t. Not unless you get in front of the car as I step on it.
BIDEN: I’m only teasing.
After Biden jokes about running over a reporter trying to ask him about Israel, many reporters start laughing; he then peels off and the press corps breaks into hysterical laughter pic.twitter.com/7pVn5vqMpI
— Tom Elliott (@tomselliott) May 18, 2021
Notable reactions to the clip include:
- Mike Cernovich, political commentator: “Putin doesn’t get the level of fawning propaganda from ‘state media’ that Biden gets from the ‘free press.’”
- Rita Panahi, Australian journalist: “Terrible inflation/jobs numbers, widespread gas shortages, worst border crisis in 20 years, Arab Israeli conflict after Biden’s Middle East pivot…and the journos are giggling like schoolgirls.”
- Glenn Greenwald, left-wing journalist: “As you watch these reporters giggle in delight at Biden’s playing with this car, remember – regardless of your view on Israel/Palestine – that there’s a savage war going on for which Biden bears direct responsibility. Seems, at least, to be bad optics to being playing with toys.”
- Mike Glenn, Washington Times reporter: “As a reporter, I’m embarrassed by how grotesquely servile these WH stenographers are.”
- Stephen Miller, political commentator: “Biden joking about running down a reporter for asking about Israel in an F-150 truck is a pretty good tell about just how performative the ‘how dare he’ fainting spells of the past 4 years actually were.”
- Amy Tarkanian, political commentator: “Joe Biden just threatened to run a reporter over with a car for wanting to ask a question about Israel. If President Trump had done this, he would have been impeached. Jokingly or not, this rhetoric is completely unbecoming of the President.”
- Jack Posobiec, political commentator: “If Trump said this to a reporter they’d be impeaching him again.”
- Nicholas Fondacaro, Newsbusters reporter: “If this was Trump, @brianstelter would be lighting himself on fire saying it was a threat against the press.”
- Israel Kills 160 Palestinian Terrorists, Destroys Suspected ‘Suicide Submarine’: Reports
- WATCH: Israel Pounds Underground Palestinian Terror Networks, Assets With 110 Precision Bombs
- Top Democrat Weighs Trying To Delay Sale Of Weapons To Israel, Republican Warns ‘Hamas Caucus’ Trying To Get Democrats To ‘Abandon Israel’
This report has been updated to include additional information.
The Daily Wire is one of America’s fastest-growing conservative media companies and counter-cultural outlets for news, opinion, and entertainment. Get inside access to The Daily Wire by becoming a member.