Biden Claims Trump Is Responsible For ‘All The People’ Who Died From Coronavirus: ‘I’m Not Making This Up’

   DailyWire.com
MOOSIC, PA - SEPTEMBER 17: Democratic presidential nominee and former Vice President Joe Biden participates in a CNN town hall event on September 17, 2020 in Moosic, Pennsylvania. Due to the coronavirus, the event is being held outside with audience members in their cars. Biden grew up nearby in Scranton, Pennsylvania.
Drew Angerer/Getty Images

Democrat presidential nominee Joe Biden claimed without evidence on Thursday night that President Donald Trump was responsible for every single person who has died from the coronavirus, which originated in China.

“If the president had done his job, had done his job from the beginning, all the people would still be alive. All the people—I’m not making this up. Just look at the data. Look at the data,” Biden stated.

One study suggested that a large number of people may not have died if certain measures had been implemented weeks earlier, but the study in no way stated that earlier action would have saved “all the people.” It’s worth noting that Biden held eight rallies in March while Trump only held one.

At the same time, it’s important to remember that the coronavirus spread in large part thanks to the Chinese Communist Party lying to the world about the outbreak, trying to cover it up, delaying the release of critical information, and silencing whistleblowers.

WATCH:

The Trump administration moved quickly to respond to the coronavirus pandemic after China finally disclosed to the world that there was a problem in Wuhan.

Washington Post fact-checker Glenn Kessler highlighted just some of the early action that the Trump administration took to combat the coronavirus:

Robert Redfield, the director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, learned on Dec. 31 of a “cluster of 27 cases of pneumonia of unknown etiology reported in Wuhan, China,” according to Katherine McKeogh, press secretary for the Department of Health and Human Services.

On Jan. 3, Redfield emailed George Gao, director of the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention, and spoke with him the same day, she said, citing his calendar entry.

The next day, Redfield emailed Gao, writing: “I would like to offer CDC technical experts in laboratory and epidemiology of respiratory infectious diseases to assist you and China CDC in identification of this unknown and possibly novel pathogen.” Two days later, he sent another email, attaching a formal letter offering CDC support, McKeogh said.

On Jan. 6, the Trump administration “offered to send a CDC team to China that could assist with these public health efforts,” HHS Secretary Alex Azar told reporters on Jan. 28. “I reiterated that offer when I spoke to China’s minister of health on Monday, and it was reiterated again via the World Health Organization today. We are urging China: More cooperation and transparency are the most important steps you can take toward a more effective response.” …

On Jan. 31, Trump announced travel restrictions on non-U. S. citizens traveling from China, effective Feb. 2, with 11 exceptions. U.S. citizens could still travel from China but were subject to screening and a possible 14-day quarantine. Some flights were immediately suspended, but others continued for weeks at the discretion of the airlines.

This report has been updated to include additional information.

The Daily Wire is one of America’s fastest-growing conservative media companies and counter-cultural outlets for news, opinion, and entertainment. Get inside access to The Daily Wire by becoming a member.