According to NBC News, Noor Zahi Salman, the wife of Orlando terrorist Omar Mateen, may be charged by authorities because she had an idea that he might commit an attack but did not inform law enforcement.
Here are five things you need to know about Salman:
1. NBC reports that Salman, 30, informed the FBI she accompanied her husband when he bought ammunition and a holster, and also drove him to the nightclub where he committed the atrocity prior to the attack because he wanted to scope the venue. Salman has protested that she attempted to convince her husband not to launch an attack.
2. As Heavy.com reports, Salman and Mateen have a three-year-old son, but it is unclear whether the couple was living together at the time of the attack. The Washington Post reports that Salman may have left her husband before the attack, but the Daily Mail posted photos showing the couple together at their apartment.
3. Salman and her husband visited Disney World with their son in April; the FBI is investigating whether Mateen was considering it as a potential target.
4. Salman, who hails from San Francisco and has three sisters, attended Heald College-Concord in California; she has lived in Rodeo, California, and Illinois.
5. Her family said Mateen would rarely let her leave their home, and she only visited her family once, after her father died, according to the San Jose Mercury News.