President Donald Trump’s physician released a statement on Monday afternoon announcing that the president has tested negative for the coronavirus on consecutive days.
“In response to your inquiry regarding the President’s most recent COVID-19 tests, I can share with you that he has tested NEGATIVE, on consecutive days, using the Abbott BinaxNOW antigen card,” Dr. Sean Conley said in a statement. “It is important to note that this test was not used in isolation for the determination of the President’s current negative status.”
“Repeatedly negative antigen tests, taken in context with additional clinical and laboratory data, including viral load, subgenomic RNA, and PCR cycle threshold measurements, as well as ongoing assessment of viral culture data, all indicate a lack of detectable viral replication,” the statement continued. “This comprehensive data, in concert with the CDC’s guidelines for removal of transmission-based precautions, have informed our medical team’s assessment that the President is not infectious to others.”
The statement comes after the Commission on Presidential Debates canceled a debate that was supposed to take place this week between Trump and Democrat presidential nominee Joe Biden.
“There is no medical reason to stop the October 15 debate in Miami from proceeding as scheduled, since the President will be healthy and ready to debate,” the Trump campaign said late last week in a statement. “There is also no reason there shouldn’t be the three total presidential debates as Joe Biden had originally agreed. We have suggested using October 22 and October 29 to hold the final two debates.”
“It’s time for the biased commission to stop protecting Biden and preventing voters from hearing from the two candidates for president,” the statement continued. “There’s nothing that says that President Trump and Joe Biden can’t debate together without the overlords at the commission having a say in the matter. We would be glad to debate one-on-one without the commission’s interference.”
On Sunday, Republican National Committee (RNC) Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel slammed the commission, accusing them of being “corrupt” and working to shield Biden.
“It was done unilaterally without talking to the candidates, and they interfered in the election,” McDaniel said. “It is corrupt. It is what D.C. is. They are in the pocket of Joe Biden, and they prevented the American public from seeing these candidates debate, and it’s wrong for the country.”
“I think voters are very frustrated by the corrupt debate commission that they would cancel a second debate,” she said. “I think it feeds into the belief that this 47 years that Joe Biden has had in D.C. is again protecting him from facing the voters. And Americans are frustrated that this election commission interfered with our ability to see these two candidates debate.”
McDaniel also slammed the media for not putting more pressure on Biden to answer if he supports packing the Supreme Court.
“I think the debate situation is a negative for Biden. I think it plays into this D.C. politician who’s been there for forty-seven years, who isn’t getting tough questions from the media,” she added. “He’s refusing to answer about whether he’s going to pack the Supreme Court, upending a hundred and fifty years of– of our judicial standards. And he’s saying I’ll tell you after the election. This is egregious that this candidate is getting away with this.”
This story has been updated to include additional information.
The Daily Wire is one of America’s fastest-growing conservative media companies and counter-cultural outlets for news, opinion, and entertainment. Get inside access to The Daily Wire by becoming a member.