News

Trespasser Arrested At RFK Jr.’s Los Angeles Home Twice In One Day

   DailyWire.com
Anna Moneymaker/Getty Images

Los Angeles police arrested a man twice on Wednesday after he attempted to trespass onto 2024 presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr’s residential property in the upscale neighborhood of Brentwood, Kennedy’s presidential campaign said in a news release.

Jonathan Macht, 28, of Los Angeles, was identified by authorities and is currently held on a $30,000 bail for violating an emergency protective order, according to NBC News.

According to the campaign, the first incident occurred around 9:30 a.m. when the suspect allegedly climbed a fence and asked to see Kennedy, who was home with his wife, Cheryl Hines, at the time.

Gavin de Becker and Associates, a private security company hired by Kennedy, detained the man and turned him over to the Los Angeles Police Department, the campaign said.

Responding officers placed the suspect in custody and transported him to the West Los Angeles police station, where authorities reportedly cited and released him.

Following that citation, the campaign said the man returned to Kennedy’s residence and was arrested for a second time while Kennedy and Hines were still home.

The private security company allegedly notified the Secret Service several times recently about suspect, who they described as an “obsessed individual” and shared alarming communications previously sent to the candidate from the unidentified person.

“Over several months, the campaign submitted formal requests for Secret Service protection, yet U.S. Department of Homeland Security Sec. Alejandro Mayorkas has refused to approve the protection,” Kennedy’s campaign said. “Every presidential administration for 55 years has afforded early protection to candidates who requested it.”

CLICK HERE TO GET THE DAILY WIRE APP

“The Biden administration is the sole outlier,” the campaign added.

Last month, an armed man was arrested for posing as a U.S. Marshal at an event in Los Angeles for the presidential candidate.

Authorities booked 44-year-old Adrian Paul Aispuro on a felony gun charge and held him on $35,000 bail, according to the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department Inmate Information Center reported by CBS News.

The incident occurred at a “Hispanic Heritage” event at the Wilshire Ebell Theater in Los Angeles when Aispuro arrived and identified himself as a member of Kennedy’s security detail, the candidate said.

Police later arrived and arrested Aispuro at the scene — just miles from where Kennedy’s father, Robert Kennedy, was shot and killed by a gunman on June 5, 1968.

“The man, wearing two shoulder holsters with loaded pistols and spare ammunition magazines was carrying a U.S. Marshal badge on a lanyard and beltclip federal ID. He identified himself as a member of my security detail. Armed GDBA team members moved quickly to isolate and detain the man until LAPD arrived to make the arrest. I’m also grateful to LAPD for its rapid response,” Kennedy posted on X.

“I’m still entertaining a hope that President Biden will allow me Secret Service protection. I am the first presidential candidate in history to whom the White House has denied a request for protection,” he said.

Kennedy previously called out Biden, suggesting that there was a political motivation behind the denial of federal protection.

Kennedy recently dropped his bid for the Democratic presidential nomination and switched to running as an independent candidate. He suggested the political divisions in the U.S. were “deliberately orchestrated” and declared himself as the solution for people who are “fed up with being fooled and [are] ready to take back power.”

Got a tip worth investigating?

Your information could be the missing piece to an important story. Submit your tip today and make a difference.

Submit Tip
The Daily Wire   >  Read   >  Trespasser Arrested At RFK Jr.’s Los Angeles Home Twice In One Day