Singer/songwriter Steven Patrick Morrissey, best known simply as Morrissey, the one-time frontman for the legendary 80’s punk band The Smiths, is again making left-wing faces melt, this time with a statement released in the aftermath of the horrific terror attack Monday night in Manchester, England. Morrissey (again) criticized his home country’s immigration policies, along with the weak, tired, clichéd responses from England’s politicians and queen.
In his Facebook blast, Morrissey made five main points:
1. “[Prime Minister] Theresa May says such attacks ‘will not break us’, but her own life is lived in a bullet-proof bubble. … ‘will not break us’ means that the tragedy will not break her, or her policies on immigration.”
2. “[London mayor] Sadiq Khan says ‘London is united with Manchester’, but he does not condemn the Islamic State.”
3. “The Queen receives absurd praise for her ‘strong words’ against the attack, yet she does not cancel today’s garden party at Buckingham Palace — for which no criticism is allowed in the Britain of free press.”
4. “Manchester mayor Andy Burnham says the attack is the work of an ‘extremist’. An extreme what? An extreme rabbit?”
5. “In modern Britain everyone seems petrified to officially say what we all say in private. Politicians tell us they are unafraid, but they are never the victims.”
Morrissey then closes with this truth: “How easy to be unafraid when one is protected from the line of fire. The people have no such protections.”
Already the Left is out in force attacking Morrissey for speaking these truths. Twitchy is rounding it up.
Going as far back as 2007, Morrissey has made no secret of his position on England’s suicidal immigration policies:
With the issue of immigration, it’s very difficult because, although I don’t have anything against people from other countries, the higher the influx into England the more the British identity disappears. If you walk through Knightsbridge on any bland day of the week you won’t hear an English accent. You’ll hear every accent under the sun apart from the British accent. …
England is a memory now. The gates are flooded and anybody can have access to England and join in. … Travel to England and you have no idea where you are. It matters because the British identity is very attractive. I grew up into it and I find it very quaint and amusing. Other countries have held on to their basic identity, yet it seems to me that England was thrown away. You can’t say, “Everybody come into my house, sit on the bed, have what you like, do what you like.” It wouldn’t work.
Naturally, merely for wanting to protect his own culture, a sin only if you are a Westerner, he was accused of racism. And yet …
Initial reports tell us that the terrorist responsible for murdering 22 innocent people on Monday night was 22-year-old Salman Abedi, the son of a Libyan immigrant radicalized in one of England’s primarily Muslim neighborhoods.
Spin magazine has already accused Morrissey of saying something “predictably dumb.” The music trade is angry because he refuses to react to the Manchester terror attack in the “correct and approved” ways, so he must now be “re-educated” with bad publicity:
However, rather than simply extending sympathies to the families of the concert attendees who died and were injured, the singer-songwriter’s comments focused on his own “anger” at the situation. … You can read Morrissey’s full, jumbled statement about the Manchester attack on his Facebook page.
As you might expect, as a means to make Morrissey look crazy and racist, Spin includes a list of his “offensive” and “more-than-questionable” past statements on immigration and politics.
Imagine the times we live in where a publication devoted to covering the music business attempts to shame one of the most famous punk rockers in history for uttering things that are “questionable” and “offensive,” where the trade publication sides with the government and, of all people, the Queen!
Regardless of how many there are, or of how many are murdered, or how long they last, we are all required to react to these terror attacks in the same impotent ways:
1. Assume at first that the latest terrorist attack was committed by a Lutheran.
2. Run to social media to virtue signal.
3. Say empty things like, “The terrorists only win if we change our way of life,” despite the fact that the terrorists are winning because you refuse to change your way of life.
4. After discovering the terrorist is Muslim, virtue signal again by attacking anyone who says so out loud.
5. Change your social media avatar to the correct flag or slogan.
6. Light a candle.
7. Keep changing your country and culture forever with suicidal floods of refugees and immigrants who refuse to assimilate.
8. Wait for the next opportunity to assume at first that the latest terrorist attack was committed by a Lutheran.