The decade's most triggering comedy
Lisa Marie Presley’s daughter, actress Riley Keough, recalled shutting down a movie set and the chaos that ensued before she was supposed to kiss Andrew Garfield because she had just eaten a granola bar with nuts, something Garfield is highly allergic to.
In a video interview with Vanity Fair released Tuesday, the 34-year-old actress said the situation was “very stressful” during the filming of her 2018 movie “Under The Silver Lake” with the “Spider-Man: No Way Home” star right before the two were scheduled to shoot their kissing scene.
“I was in the makeup trailer and I was eating like a granola bar or something, and I was about to shoot a scene where I have to kiss Andrew[Garfield], and the makeup lady was like, ‘Are there peanuts in that?'” Keough told the outlet.
“And I was like, ‘I think. I don’t know,'” she added, noting that at that point the makeup artist took off and got a producer who came back and told her, “Riley, Andrew’s very allergic to peanuts and we have to shut the set down.”
“I don’t know why they’re on set,” the producer added, as she explained that it shouldn’t ever have been allowed on set by the craft services.
“I was kind of like, ‘Oh, f***, that’s crazy,'” Keough recalled. “But also, like, thank God that this woman caught it, ’cause I had no idea.”
Unfortunately, the “Hacksaw Ridge” star did end up being exposed to a peanut while working an another film years ago and had to go to the hospital after going into “anaphylactic shock” while out to dinner with his co-stars from “Never Let Me Go” Keira Knightley and Carey Mulligan, Fox News noted.
“When we were filming in Norfolk, I went to dinner with Carey and Keira one night,” Garfield told the outlet. “There I was sitting in between these beautiful girls, when I started having an allergic reaction to something in my food.”
“I had to spend the rest of that night in hospital,” he added. “[Screenwriter] Alex Garland took me. I’m used to it, because I’ve been in hospital a few times with this, but Carey was beside herself and Keira was terrified. It was just the most awkward moment ever, to go into anaphylactic shock at dinner.”