News

Ricky Martin Faces Up To 50 Years In Prison Over ‘Incest’ Allegations: Reports

   DailyWire.com
NEW YORK, NY - DECEMBER 14: Ricky Martin is seen on December 14, 2021 in New York City.
NDZ / Star Max / GC Images

Singer Ricky Martin faces the possibility of potentially spending the rest of his of life behind bars after domestic violence allegations were filed against him by a family member.

A restraining order was issued against Martin earlier this month in Puerto Rico following the allegations and his brother, Eric Martin, told a Spanish publication that the alleged victim is the singer’s nephew, 21-year-old Dennis Yadiel Sanchez.

Under Puerto Rican law, the penalties for sexual crimes are more severe if the victim is a family member. The criminal complaint against Martin was filed anonymously under a law that protects victims of domestic abuse, according to the report.

A separate report from a local newspaper claimed that Martin and the person who filed the restraining order had dated for more than half a year and that Martin did not take their breakup well.

Martin’s attorney, Marty Singer, dismissed the allegations against the singer in a statement on Friday, saying that the accuser “is struggling with deep mental health challenges.”

“Ricky Martin has, of course, never been — and would never be — involved in any kind of sexual or romantic relationship with his nephew,” the attorney added. “The idea is not only untrue, it is disgusting. We all hope that this man gets the help he so urgently needs. But, most of all, we look forward to this awful case being dismissed as soon as a judge gets to look at the facts.”

“The allegations against Ricky Martin that lead to a protection order are completely false and fabricated,” a representative for Martin told The Post earlier this month. “We are very confident that when the true facts come out in this matter our client Ricky Martin will be fully vindicated.”

Martin directly addressed the restraining order shortly after the judged ordered it earlier this month, writing in a post on social media that the protection order “is based on completely false allegations, so I will respond through the process with the facts and the dignity that characterize me.”

“Because it is an ongoing legal matter, I cannot make detailed statements at this time,” he added. “I am grateful for the countless messages of solidarity, and I receive them with all my heart.”

Representatives for Martin said earlier this month that they were “very confident” that the facts of the case would debunk the allegations against Martin.

RELATED: Puerto Rican Judge Slaps Ricky Martin With Restraining Order – But Police Can’t Find Him To Serve It

The Daily Wire   >  Read   >  Ricky Martin Faces Up To 50 Years In Prison Over ‘Incest’ Allegations: Reports