Entertainment

Rapper Lil Wayne Denied Entry Into U.K. At The ‘Last Minute’ For Festival Appearance

   DailyWire.com
Lil Wayne performs onstage during BACARDI, Swizz Beatz and The Dean Collection bring NO COMMISSION back to Miami to celebrate "Island Might" at Soho Studios on December 9, 2017 in Miami, Florida.
Nicholas Hunt/Getty Images for BACARDI

Rapper Lil Wayne has been denied entry in to the United Kingdom at the “last minute” for a festival he was going to headline this weekend.

The 39-year-old rapper, born Dwayne Michael Carter Jr., was set to be part of the Strawberries and Creem festival in the U.K. on Saturday until his visa was denied by the Home Office “in a last minute decision.” He will now be a no-show, Sky News reported in a piece published Wednesday.

The Home Office confirmed to the outlet that the rapper’s visa had been denied and said that individuals who have been sentenced to prison for 12 months or more “must have their application refused.”

The rapper was sentenced to spend one year behind bars in 2010 for a gun possession charge, of which he served eight months in prison. In the past, he had been denied entry into the U.K. due to his criminal convictions, the outlet noted.

Organizers said it “received minimal notice,” describing the timing as “upsetting for all involved.”

“Due to extreme circumstances beyond our control or influence, we are very sorry to inform you that Lil Wayne is now unable to perform at the festival,” the organization added.

“Lil Wayne has been refused entry to the UK directly by the Home Office in a last-minute decision,” the organizers continued. “We are deeply disappointed by this sudden and negative ruling.”

Lil Wayne was previously set to take the stage along the likes of Mabel, Wilkinson, Katy B, and Tion Wayne.

Festival attendees are reportedly not happy about the decision and have demanded a “full refund,” accusing the festival of giving false advertising that the “Sucker For Pain” hitmaker would in fact be there, the report noted.

“Gotta be issuing refunds here,” one person tweeted. “Literally the only act people are coming for is Wayne. The only reason he hasn’t performed in the UK for so long was because he was refused entry before, so surely you checked this before announcing him?!”

Another wrote, “Absolutely no way. Please can you let me know I can receive a full refund. This is false advertising.”

The festival responded to the upset concert-goers and have offered music fans free entry for Sunday’s festivities or a discount on their tickets for next year’s fun.

Related: Lil Wayne Thanks Trump For Presidential Pardon

Already have an account? Login
The Daily Wire   >  Read   >  Rapper Lil Wayne Denied Entry Into U.K. At The ‘Last Minute’ For Festival Appearance