Country star Morgan Wallen has said doctors had finally cleared him to return to talking and singing after he was forced to postpone his “One Night At A Time” tour weeks ago due to “vocal cord trauma.”
The 30-year-old country singer shared with fans on Tuesday in an Instagram Story that “the doc cleared me to talk and sing… we back.” The news comes after he announced in May that his upcoming shows were postponed for the next six weeks to allow him time to heal damaged vocal cords.
According to Wallen’s website, the next show is scheduled for June 22 in Chicago.
— Page Six (@PageSix) June 7, 2023
Wallen previously told fans he had gotten “some bad news” from his doctors about “reinjuring” his vocal cords after returning the stage following 1o days of rest, resulting in “vocal fold trauma.”
“Their advice is that I go on vocal rest for six weeks, so that’s what I’m going to do,” Wallen said. “They want me not to talk at all, but they said that if I need to it’s OK for something like this.”
“[The doctors] told me that if I do this the right way that I’ll get back to 100 percent,” he added. “They also said that if I don’t listen and I keep singing, then I’ll permanently damage my voice. So for the longevity of my career, this is just the choice I had to make. I hate it but I love you guys. And I appreciate all the support…I’ll see you soon, and I’ll be back better than ever.”
At the time, the “Whiskey Glasses” hitmaker also noted that he would not be performing at the Academy of Country Music Awards because of the doctor-ordered rest.
In April, Wallen postponed several shows when his vocal cord problem started. He rested and then announced in early May he was set to take the stage for performances in Florida. At the time, he did note that even though he wasn’t one hundred percent back to normal, he would take the stage anyway.