A new USA TODAY/Suffolk Poll found that a plurality of U.S. voters want Democrat President Joe Biden out of office in 2022 as his approval rating continues to fall to new lows.
The top 10 responses to the question about what surveyed voters wanted Biden to do in the next year were:
- Resign/retire/quit – 20%
- Economy/jobs – 11%
- Unite/help the country – 8%
- Immigration/border control – 8%
- COVID/mandates – 6%
- Infrastructure bills – 5%
- Inflation – 4%
- Health care – 3%
- Climate change/environment – 3%
- Bipartisanship – 3%
The poll, released on Sunday, found that the overwhelming majority of registered voters do not want Democrat President Joe Biden to run for a second term as his disapproval rating nears a staggering 60%.
The poll also found that Republicans are nearing a double-digit lead over Democrats for the upcoming 2022 midterm races.
Other top lines from the poll included:
- “Nearly half of those surveyed, 46%, say Biden has done a worse job as president than they expected, including 16% of those who voted for him. Independents, by 7-1 (44%-6%), say he’s done worse, not better, than they expected.”
- “Nearly two-thirds of Americans, 64%, say they don’t want Biden to run for a second term in 2024. That includes 28% of Democrats.”
- “Vice President Kamala Harris’ approval rating is 28% – even worse than Biden’s. The poll shows that 51% disapprove of the job she’s doing.”
- “If the election were today, those surveyed say, they would vote for their Republican congressional candidate over the Democratic one by 46%-38%, an advantage that would bode well for GOP hopes of gaining a majority in the House and the Senate.”
The poll also found that only 1 out of 4 registered voters believe that Biden’s far-left Build Back Better social spending bill would help their families.
A strong majority of Americans, 66%, say that the country is headed in the wrong direction, while only 20% say it is headed in the right direction.
Biden’s approval rating is sinking faster than any other president in modern history.
Gallup reported in late October:
Biden’s average third-quarter job approval rating is down eight points from his second-quarter rating (53%) and 11 points from his first-quarter rating (56%).
This 11-point decline is larger than any prior president registered between his first and third quarters, although it is similar to those for the last three Democratic presidents — Barack Obama (10 points), Clinton (seven points) and Carter (nine points).
All other presidents showed declines of less than five points between their first and third quarters, if not gains.
Many have pointed to the shellacking Republicans put on Democrats across the country during last week’s elections as proof of the dissatisfaction that voters have with Biden and the Democrat Party.
Republicans dominated the elections in Virginia, capturing all of the statewide races — governor, lieutenant governor, and attorney general — and reclaimed control of the House of Delegates. Republicans had not won a statewide election in Virginia in more than a decade.
- Biden Accused Of Mocking Americans’ Intellect: ‘You Think They’d Understand What We’re Talking About?’
- Biden Bursts Over Issue Of Illegal Aliens Getting Big Payout: ‘You Deserve Some Kind Of Compensation’
- Biden Acknowledges Inflation, Says Massive Spending Bills Will Solve It
The Daily Wire is one of America’s fastest-growing conservative media companies and counter-cultural outlets for news, opinion, and entertainment. Get inside access to The Daily Wire by becoming a member.