A woman who was in a video that went viral over the Christmas holiday after she became highly unruly on a Delta flight has reportedly been taken into custody by the FBI following the altercation that took place while the plane was in the air.
“Police say they were called to Hartsfield-Jackson International airport last week in reference to an unruly passenger on a Delta flight from Tampa to Atlanta,” WSB-TV reported. “Officers and Delta employees were waiting at the gate when the plane arrived. Passengers exiting the plane told police that a passenger named Patricia Cornwall caused a ‘disturbance’ that led to the injury of other passengers and Delta employees.”
Fox 10 reported that the police officers took Cornwall into custody and later turned her over to the FBI.
In the video, which has been viewed millions of times, a woman stood over a man who was seated and repeatedly berated him for not wearing a mask while he was eating. She was not wearing a mask during the altercation.
“Stand your a*s up!” the woman yelled. “Stand your a*s up!”
“Sit down, Karen!” the man fired back. “You’re a g*****n, Karen. Sit down!”
After several more moments of an intense back-and-forth between the man and the woman, the flight crew got involved and tried to break up the situation before she struck the man in the face with her hand.
“Now you’re going to jail,” the man yelled. “That’s assault. You’re going to jail. As soon as we get to Atlanta, you’re going to jail.”
“Karen!” the man yelled.
The woman then appeared to spit in the man’s face.
“Now you spit on me, now you’re double going to jail,” the man fired back.
“You f***ing piece of s**t,” the woman yelled.
“Put your f***ing mask on!” the woman yelled as she was not wearing a mask. “Put your f***ing mask on!”
Delta Air Lines responded to the incident by telling the Daily Mail in a statement that it has a zero tolerance policy for these types of incidents.
“Flight 2790 from Tampa to Atlanta was met by law enforcement after an unruly customer disturbance during flight,” Delta said. “Situations like these are rare for the vast majority of our customers and Delta has zero tolerance for unruly behavior at our airports and aboard our aircraft.”
Delta flight from Tampa to Atlanta got crazy‼️ pic.twitter.com/I9BZUKv3LB
— ATL Uncensored | Atlanta News (@ATLUncensored) December 25, 2021
Some of the top notable responses to the incident included:
- Jennifer Brett, editor at AJC: “Here’s a great way to ensure you’ll never fly Delta again. Airlines maintain their own no-fly lists with folks like this in mind.”
- Pat Dixon, podcast host: “Unmasked woman punches, scratches and spits on an old man’s face for not wearing a mask while he’s eating.”
- Rep. Thomas Massie (R-KY): “Karen is saving the world…”
- Kyle Bosch: “The amount of restraint that man had is truly unbelievable. Shame on @Delta for not intervening sooner. When will this mask nonsense end? People’s lives are in danger by lunatics and we’re at a tipping point. Throw out the damn mask mandates and let us decide for ourselves.”
- Clay Travis, sports commentator: “This is the insane virtue signaling masking world Fauci has created. While not wearing her mask this woman strikes and spits this man for not wearing hers. And she thinks she’s the good person here!”
- Garry Tonon, MMA: “Imagine being upset because someone’s mask isn’t on, while you’re currently not wearing one, and getting so crazed over the situation you spit in a guys face … the irony is incredible.”