The Daily Wire
Subscribe

FAIL: Only 10,000 Are Expected At This Year’s Women’s March Following Anti-Semitism Scandal

By  Ashe Schow
DailyWire.com

This year’s Women’s March has taken a significant hit after reports in 2018 that the founders of the organization were openly anti-Semitic. Many of the founders are supporters of flagrant anti-Semite Louis Farrakhan, who routinely calls Jews “termites” and has led a “Death to America, Israel” chant in Iran.

The public gathering permit provided by the U.S. Department of the Interior’s National Park Service shows just how far the march has fallen, stating that the “anticipated number or participants” is roughly 10,000. In 2017, the first Women’s March attracted between 500,000 and 1 million people from around the country, according to official estimates.

Over the past several months, multiple celebrities and organizations have cut ties with the Women’s March due to the rampant anti-Semitism. Actresses Debra Messing and Alyssa Milano both condemned the leaders of the movement, as did comedienne Sarah Silverman. The left-wing Southern Poverty Law Center quietly withdrew its support for the organization, and the Democratic National Committee has removed the march from its list of partnerships. Female Democrat presidential candidates will also not attend this year’s march, including Sens. Kamala Harris (D-CA) and Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY). Harris was the keynote speaker at the 2017 Women’s March and Gillibrand headlined the organization’s campaign against now-Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh. Congresswoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-FL) has also called out the group.

Due to the public relations scandal, a rival march has popped up, called the March for ALL Women Rally. This group emerged late Wednesday, meaning it would have had little effect on out-of-town women who already made travel arrangements to come to Washington, D.C. This new march will gather across the street — in Pershing Park — from where the original march will gather.

Rain and above-freezing temperatures are also being blamed for the low attendance, though it was cold at this time in 2017 as well, and the pro-life March for Life meets every year at this time and continues to draw huge crowds.

Finally, the organizers for the march itself are blaming the National Park Service (NPS), according to WUSA9.

“They wanted us to cancel the march altogether,” organizers wrote of the NPS in an email. “We told them we were marching with or without their permission, and we secured a permit to march on Pennsylvania Avenue, past the Trump International Hotel.”

This caused the NPS to issue a direct response.

“Any assertion that the National Park Service has encouraged any organizer to cancel their First Amendment demonstration is patently false,” a spokesman told WUSA9.

“For generations, Americans have come to the National Mall to exercise their Constitutionally-guaranteed rights to assemble and be heard. The National Park Service has been clear that our process would protect those fundamental rights by processing applications for First Amendment events that had been submitted prior to lapse of appropriations.”

Saturday’s Women’s March will travel down Pennsylvania Avenue, from Freedom Plaza to the Navy Memorial and back.

Tamika Mallory, who has been under fire lately for interviews where she defended calling Farrakhan the “Greatest Of All Time” and sidestepping a question about Israel’s right to exist, is listed on the NPS’s permit as one of the persons in charge, along with Bob Bland, Aquib Yacoob, Robby Diesu, Samantha Miller, Noor Mir, and Ellie Sturgill Wooden.

Read more in:
  1. Anti-Semitism
  2. ,
  3. Women's March
The Daily Wire
Advertise With UsBook our SpeakersContact Us
FacebookTwitterInstagramYouTubeRSS
© Copyright 2019, The Daily Wire