Former NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick and NASCAR driver Bubba Wallace, both left-wing social justice activists, faced backlash on Friday after they fumed over a jury finding that Kyle Rittenhouse was not guilty on all counts.
“We just witnessed a system built on white supremacy validate the terroristic acts of a white supremacist,” Kaepernick claimed. “This only further validates the need to abolish our current system. White supremacy cannot be reformed.”
“Ha, let the boy be black and it would’ve been life…hell he would’ve had his life taken before the bullshit trial,” Wallace claimed without evidence. “Sad.”
Top responses to Kaepernick included:
- Ben Shapiro, The Daily Wire: “Your Netflix special is the only good reason I have ever seen to abolish capitalism.”
- Dana Loesch, radio host: “Three white men — one convicted child rapist, one domestic abuser, and one previously charged with burglary — tried to burn down black-owned businesses and were shot when they attacked a kid and Colin insists it’s ‘white supremacy’.”
- Zuby, rapper: “These race hustlers man… Y’all need to stop paying them so well for this.”
- Tim Pool, podcast host: “They mean it. They think justice itself is racism.”
- Jason Whitlock, podcast host: “Halfro-American Colin Kaepernick wants to abolish our current system. Half of him can’t be reformed.”
Top responses to Wallace included:
- Curtis Houck, NewsBusters: “Oh for goodness sake, Bubba. What a pathetic take, but I’m sure you’ll co-opt the rest of the sport to think this way. Stop watching Joy Reid and Don Lemon. This will get you ten times more boo’s at #NASCAR races.”
- Jesse Kelly, radio host: “Odd how many #BlackLivesMatter scumbags are emotionally invested in a trial involving only white people. It’s almost as if that group isn’t really about skin color. It’s almost as if they only care about communism…”
- Matt Walsh, The Daily Wire: “Remember when you lied about a noose in your garage?”
- Sean Davis, The Federalist: “I regret to inform you the race-hoaxing garage cord clown is at it again.”
A jury found Rittenhouse not guilty of murder on Friday afternoon for fatally shooting two men and injuring a third during riots last year in Kenosha, Wisconsin.
The Daily Wire reported:
Rittenhouse, who is now 18, lives in Antioch, a northern suburb of Chicago about 15 miles from Kenosha. On August 25 of last year when he was 17, Rittenhouse decided to patrol the downtown Kenosha area alongside other armed men in order to protect a used car dealership from looting and vandalism. The city had devolved into rioting over the police shooting of Jacob Blake, a black man, by a white Kenosha police officer.
Rittenhouse took a medical kit and armed himself with a Smith & Wesson M&P15, which is an AR-15 style semi-automatic rifle that police say his friend illegally bought for him.
While guarding the used car dealership, he was chased by protesters and ended up fatally shooting two people, Joseph Rosenbaum and Anthony Huber, and injuring a third, Gaige Grosskreutz. The defendant and the three men he shot are all white.
He was arrested and charged with five felony charges and one misdemeanor charge. The most serious charge was intentional homicide, Wisconsin’s top murder charge, which carries a mandatory sentence of life in prison. The others were reckless homicide, attempted homicide, two counts of reckless endangerment, and being a minor illegally in possession of a firearm.
On Monday, the judge dismissed the misdemeanor firearm charge, which was considered the easiest charge for the state to prove. Previously, Rittenhouse was also charged with violating curfew, but that charge was dismissed last week by the judge as well.