Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas has tested positive for COVID-19 which comes just a few days after he attended an event with Democrat President Joe Biden.
“Secretary Mayorkas tested positive this morning for COVID-19 after taking a test as part of routine pre-travel protocols,” DHS spokeswoman Marsha Espinosa tweeted. “He is experiencing only mild congestion; he is fully vaccinated and will isolate and work at home per CDC protocols and medical advice.”
Espinosa added that contract tracing was underway.
Contact tracing is underway.
— Marsha (Catron) Espinosa (@MCatronDHS) October 19, 2021
“The diagnosis comes after Mayorkas attended the 40th Annual National Peace Officers’ Memorial Service at the U.S. Capitol alongside President Biden on Saturday,” Fox News reported. “Additionally, images from the event show Mayorkas stood close to Biden and First Lady Jill Biden at one point during the outdoor event, without masks.”
Mayorkas has been the source of much controversy and scandal in the Biden administration as the U.S. Southern Border has fallen apart under his watch with hundreds of thousands of illegal aliens pouring into the U.S. every month.
- Biden’s DHS Chief Boasts Amid Border Crisis: ‘We Have Rescinded So Many Trump Immigration Policies’
- Biden’s DHS Chief Admits U.S. Did Not Test Haitian Migrants For COVID-19
- 5 Times Chris Wallace Grilled DHS Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas On Biden’s Border Catastrophe
- DHS Secretary Says 12K Illegal Migrants Released In U.S. In Recent Weeks: ‘Could Be Even Higher’
- ‘How In the Hell Would This Be Surprising?’ Crenshaw Rips Mayorkas’ Surprise At Surge In Delta Among Illegal Immigrants
This is a breaking news story; refresh the page for updates.