A new report from a left-of-center mainstream news organization outlined the ways that Democrat President Joe Biden has failed at seemingly everything over the last couple of months and in the process has seemingly turned all political sides against himself.
“In the two months since signing the $1 trillion infrastructure bill into law, President Biden has by almost every measure bombed big time on the things that matter most,” Axios reported. “It’s rare for a president to be at odds with Republicans, moderate Democrats and liberal Democrats — all at once. But that’s where Biden finds himself at the start of an election year that many Democrats believe will result in the loss of the House and maybe the Senate.”
The report follows new polling released this week by Quinnipiac University, a left-of-center mainstream poll, that found that Biden’s approval rating had collapsed to 33%, which included a staggeringly low 28% approval rating from Hispanics. The poll also found that 70% of Americans said that the economy was not in good shape.
Axios highlighted a few of the following struggles that the administration has had:
- Rising anger among Black activists: Members of some civil-rights group refused to appear with Biden for his voting speech in Atlanta. New York Times columnist Charles Blow piled on: “Biden has been dillydallying on getting rid of the filibuster to protect voting rights for essentially his whole administration, until this week.”
- Sen. Dick Durbin of Illinois, the Senate’s No. 2 Democrat, distanced himself from some of Biden’s rhetoric in Atlanta, where he invoked the Confederacy and Bull Connor. “Perhaps the President went a little too far,” Durbin told CNN.…
- The Supreme Court yesterday blocked Biden’s vaccine-or-test mandate for large employers.
- The Afghanistan pullout played out about as poorly as it could have.
- Russia is messing with him: Biden’s warnings haven’t deterred Vladimir Putin from continuing to build toward a Ukraine invasion.
- Inflation is soaring: It’s the worst in 39 years.
- Empty grocery shelves get network-news coverage. It’s partly the weather, partly COVID, partly the supply chain — but makes a handy visual shorthand for national pessimism.
Former Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D-HI), who also ran in the last Democrat presidential primary, has repeatedly slammed Biden in recent days for being divisive, saying that he is “unfit to lead.”
“Hillary’s calling tens of millions of Americans deplorables was divisive & disgusting,” Gabbard tweeted on Wednesday. “But Biden has gone further, calling those who disagree with his actions & policies domestic enemies, traitors, and racists. Biden promised to unite us, but he is doing all he can do divide us.”
“Biden promised to unite our country. Instead he betrayed us, pouring fuel on the fire of divisiveness, tearing our country apart,” Gabbard added on Friday. “Biden compares those who disagree with him to racists, traitors & enemies, & has his AG target Americans as domestic terrorists. Unfit to lead.”