The Daily Wire’s Ben Shapiro torched Democrat California Governor Gavin Newsom in a tweet Friday morning for running attack ads on Florida while a viral video emerged this week showing a rowdy “flash mob” ransacking a local convenience store.
The Los Angeles Police Department reported that the “flash mob” happened during the early morning hours of August 15 when drivers swarmed the intersection and blocked traffic with their vehicles to create a “pit” in the intersection where they performed dangerous maneuvers showing off their vehicles.
Spectators at the unlawful event then formed a “flash mob” of looters and stormed a nearby 7-Eleven convenience store. Surveillance footage from inside the store showed the looters stealing everything from food to cigarettes to lottery tickets. The looters also threw objects at the employees and damaged the store.
Law enforcement said that they obtained surveillance video from the store to identify and arrest the individuals involved.
“Hey, @GavinNewsom , I took my entire company and family out of your state, and now you’re running ads in FL telling me things are great in CA,” Shapiro tweeted. “Want to tell me again why CA is so wonderful?”
Video shows ‘flash mob’ of looters ransack 7-Eleven in Los Angelespic.twitter.com/39moaiyfCb
— Breaking911 (@Breaking911) August 19, 2022
Other notable responses to the video included:
- Michelle Tandler, entrepreneur: “I wonder what it felt like to be a member of the cleaning crew that arrived at this scene the next morning.”
- Abhinav Agarwal, author: “Would the last days of the Roman Empire have looked like this?”
- Harmeet Dhillon, attorney: “Oh look, it’s George Gascon appreciation day! How sweet!”
- Joel Comm, tech guru: “Typical liberal state behavior. So sorry for my conservative friends who live in California. It’s beautiful, but honestly, get the hell out of there.”
- Joel Petlin, political commentator: “How come you never see images of looters ransacking LA stores in the videos and ads that the Governor of California is promoting in Florida and Texas?”
- National Police Association: “Beneficiaries of Los Angeles ‘progressive prosecutor’ DA George Gascon celebrating his recall vote not qualifying for the ballot.”
- Tunku Varadarajan, journalist: “This is, I wager, some hardworking immigrant’s store, despoiled by the absolute scum of the earth.”
- Chris Krok, radio host: “Gavin Newsom for President!”
- Jim O’Brien, meteorologist: “We are currently here Seems to be happening daily in cities all across our country…pathetic!”
- Jason Calacanis, entrepreneur: “So, so dangerous… what happens if you corner a store owner with a gun you morons? Hope they catch every single one of these criminals and hold them accountable. This is just gross… and it’s what happens when you let petty theft go unchecked: it escalates.”