After months of laying low, actor Alec Baldwin is going back to work. The 63-year-old actor posted a video update to social media on Monday discussing how weird it was going back on a movie set for the first time since a prop gun he held discharged a live bullet on the set of “Rust,” killing the film’s cinematographer.
“It’s strange to go back to work,” the “30 Rock” alum said in a video he posted from the U.K. set of “97 Minutes,” a low-budget air disaster thriller, Page Six reported.
“I haven’t worked since Oct. 21 of last year when this horrible thing happened on the set of this film and we had the accidental death of our cinematographer, Halyna Hutchins,” he continued. “I even still find that hard to say.”
The investigation into the death of Hutchins is still ongoing.
“But I went back to work today for the first time in three and a half months,” he went on before joking that it felt like he had forgotten how to act and “any of this nonsense” making movies over the past few months.
“Especially in independent film, where there are good people — there are very good people — but everybody’s chasing all the good people, and a lot of the best ones get gobbled up by projects that have more money,” the actor said.
“When you have a very limited budget, you’re filling positions with people who are … who are good, but they are probably early in their career. And young. Everybody’s young. But I went back to work today — it was interesting. Interesting.”
Baldwin finished by saying, “I miss my kids … I miss them all. Who knows what the future will bring. I hope good things.”
The actor still insists he did not pull the trigger on the firearm that discharged a bullet that hit and killed Hutchins on the set of the movie “Rust” in October. And Baldwin then reported having nightmares and PTSD following the “worst situation” he’s ever been in.
Around New Year’s, Baldwin revealed that he’s been speaking with spiritual advisors who are teaching him how to overcome negativity and “manage [his] feelings better” so that they won’t “destroy” him or “get the better” of him. “We live in a world where there’s just oceans of negativity, online and so forth, and one must find a way to manage that,” he said.
Earlier in January, the actor posted a video saying he was fully cooperating with the investigation into the shooting, which ran contrary to rumors that Baldwin was refusing to turn over his cell phone to authorities.
“Any suggestion that I am not complying with requests or orders or demands or search warrants about my phone, that’s bulls***, that’s a lie,” the actor said in a lengthy video he recorded in his car and posted to Instagram.
“This is a process where one state makes the request of another state. Someone from another state can’t come to you and say, ‘Give me your phone. Give me this, give me that.’ They can’t do that. They have to go through the state you live in. That is a process that takes time, they have to specify what exactly they want. They can’t just go through your phone and take your photos or your love letters to your wife, or what have you.”
He continued, “We are one thousand percent going to comply with all that. We’re perfectly fine with that.”
The Daily Wire’s first original film, Shut In, will be premiering on Thursday, February 10th at 9 p.m. ET on YouTube. Following the premiere, Shut In will be available exclusively to Daily Wire members. Click here to watch, and be sure to hit that “Set reminder” button so you don’t miss the premiere!