One of the most bizarre aspects of President Donald Trump’s airstrikes against Syrian dictator Bashar al-Assad was watching Trump’s most hardcore supporters suddenly turn on him.
After labeling anyone who dares to breathe a critical word of Trump as a neocon globalist cuck, it was truly amazing to observe their horror unfold at the realization that Trump was apparently the exact neocon globalist cuck they had been howling about.
Here are seven Trump supporters who had meltdowns over the president’s airstrikes.
1. Milo Yiannopolous. The flamboyant alt-right defending provocateur who has repeatedly referred to Trump as “Daddy” was not pleased:
Yiannopoulos also told Politico in a text message that the airstrikes were “FAKE and GAY.”
2. Mike Cernovich. Cernovich, who has promulgated the Pizzagate conspiracy theory and believes that “date rape does not exist”, received compliments from Donald Trump, Jr. and White House counselor Kellyanne Conway earlier in the week. Now Cernovich is venting about Trump’s actions in Syria:
According to Politico, Cernovich lamented on his livestream that the media are “trying to con Trump into believing the people want war” and bizarrely stated that “ISIS did it to themselves” to frame Assad.
3. Michael Savage. Savage called Trump the “Winston Churchill of our time” in July 2015. On his Thursday radio show, Savage complained, “The generals have gotten to him and turned him from peace with Russia. And the people standing in the way of war, like Steve Bannon, are being shown the door. This beating of the war drums with Russia has to stop.”
4. Ann Coulter. Coulter has been an ardent Trump supporter since early in the Republican primary to the point where she spread blatant falsehoods about Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) and wrote a book titled, In Trump We Trust: E Pluribus Awesome!
Apparently Coulter didn’t find Trump’s airstrikes to be under the category of “E Pluribus Awesome”:
She also re-tweeted this:
5. Nigel Farage. Farage seemed to be befuddled by Trump’s actions: (H/T: UK Telegraph)
Mr Farage said: “I am very surprised by this. I think a lot of Trump voters will be waking up this morning and scratching their heads and saying ‘where will it all end?’
“As a firm Trump supporter, I say, yes, the pictures were horrible, but I’m surprised. Whatever Assad’s sins, he is secular.”
He said Britain should not get involved in any further strikes, commenting: “Previous interventions in the Middle East have made things worse rather than better.”
These tweets warrant the following response:
7. Alex Jones. The conspiracy theorist extraordinaire said in February that he was “ready to die for Trump.” Now that Trump launched airstrikes against Syria, Jones said on a Friday livestream, “Trump is really disintegrating in my eyes on many levels.”