On Sunday night, Donald Trump has the opportunity to put Hillary Clinton’s corruption and incompetence front and center. He needs to win the debate clearly and openly, and the only way to do it is to destroy Hillary publicly. Fortunately, five pieces of news fell into his lap on the Friday before Trump’s Last Chance.
1. Coordination With The White House On The Email Scandal. According to the Wall Street Journal, “Newly disclosed emails show top Obama administration officials were in close contact with Hillary Clinton’s nascent presidential campaign in early 2015 about the potential fallout from revelations that the former secretary of state used a private email server.” That coordination included communications between the White House and State Department asking Secretary of State John Kerry not to talk about the emails. The State Department also told Hillary’s lawyers that the State Department hadn’t told Congress Hillary did anything wrong. Anybody who thinks that there wasn’t such coordination between the White House and the Department of Justice and FBI has to be smoking something.
2. FBI Notes Show Hillary Destroyed Documents. The FBI’s report contains notes from a 2015 interview with an unnamed Office of Information Programs and Services (IPS) employee. According to the notes, Hillary’s people told the IPS that she had 14 boxes of emails to turn over, but when they showed up to pick them up from her lawyers, only 12 boxes were present. Emails from 2009 went absent. And according to The Hill, “The witness also accused senior State Department official Patrick Kennedy of pressuring subordinates to change classified email codes in the interview transcripts.” In other words, the State Department tried to convince the FBI to label documents less classified in order to protect Hillary.
3. Russia Wants To Open Bases in Vietnam and Cuba. Remember when Hillary Clinton said she be the best to deal with Vladimir Putin? Putin’s now looking to expand his sphere of influence into two Cold War era American enemies. According to Russian Deputy Defence Minister Nikolai Pankov, Russia is “rethinking” whether to reopen the bases. Hillary’s State Department paved the way for this dangerous expansion of the Russian umbrella.
4. Aleppo Collapses. The continued carnage in Aleppo continues, at least partially thanks to John Kerry’s unwillingness to stop the Russians from bombarding the city. Aerial bombing of the city by the Syrians and Russians has killed at least 376 people. Kerry threatened to stop speaking with the Russians over their bombing, but resumed communications with them almost immediately. Next time Hillary mentions her expertise at State, Trump needs to hit her with Aleppo repeatedly.
5. Terrible Jobs Numbers. On Friday, the Labor Department released yet another weak jobs report from the Obama administration – 156,000 jobs added. Payroll growth was revised lower by 7,000 jobs. The unemployment rate edged up from 4.9 percent. Underemployment remained high at 9.7 percent. Trump ought to smack Hillary for Obama’s supposedly massive recovery, the same way Pence did.
Trump has the material to hit Hillary. Will he do it?
We’ll find out Sunday night.