A restaurant in Waukesha, Wisconsin, named “The Coop” is giving 100% of its proceeds on Friday to a fund supporting victims and families affected by the attack at a Christmas parade in Waukesha on Sunday that killed six people and injured more than 40 others, including children.
As reported by Fox Business:
The Coop is donating all proceeds to Waukesha County’s “United for Waukesha Community Fund,” which will “support the needs of the families impacted” by the devastating attack last week.
“Thank you so much to everyone coming out today to support our fundraiser for the Waukesha County Community Foundation to help those impacted in this past Sundays tragedy,” the restaurant posted on Facebook.
“The Coop is staffed and ready to serve our community. God Bless you all and remember we are all #WAAUKESHASTRONG,” the restaurant also said in its Facebook post.
The breakfast restaurant also added other parking spaces across from its location on Friday “due to the anticipation of a high volume of customers.”
After the attack took place, the restaurant stated on Facebook that it would be closed on the following day.
“Waukesha has been our home. Waukesha has been a community that has embraced us with arms wide open. The people and many families of Waukesha are what make us excited to open our doors with a smile on our face every morning. There are no words or thoughts that can illustrate the feelings that we have at this moment, especially for those who witnessed these events, were injured, or impacted in any way,” the restaurant reportedly said.
It went on: “Although our moods are struck with sorrow & sadness there is no doubt this community will bounce back. We are a community that has shown strength in the face of adversity, love when there is hate, offered a helping hand to our neighbor in need, and shown relentless hospitality to the many people and faces who have walked through our doors. We will get through this together.”
As reported by The Daily Wire:
On Sunday, a driver rammed his SUV through a Christmas parade in Waukesha, Wisconsin, killing six people and injuring more than 40 — including multiple children.
The suspect, who The Daily Wire is not naming due to company policy on not publishing names and photographs of alleged mass murderers, has a lengthy criminal history that spans decades.
Arrested earlier this month for attacking the mother of his child and released on $1,000 bail, the suspect was offered $5 million bail following the deadly attack. A GoFundMe user attempted to raise the money before GoFundMe stopped the campaign.
Some have pointed out how the media didn’t call more attention to the attack or the suspect.
However, Democratic activist and actress Debra Messing recently spoke out against the left-wing media’s coverage.
“Dear Mainstream Media—a man intentionally drove his car through a parade killing 6 and injuring 50+. It was not an ACCIDENT,” Messing tweeted on Wednesday. “Call it by its name#WaukeshaMassacre.”
“And it was a domestic terror attack. Don’t minimize. Please,” added the “Will & Grace” star.
Dear Mainstream Media—a man intentionally drove his car through a parade killing 6 and injuring 50+.
It was not an ACCIDENT.
🔥Call it by its name🔥#WaukeshaMassacre
And it was a domestic terror attack.
Don't minimize. Please.
— Debra Messing✍🏻 (@DebraMessing) November 24, 2021
The Daily Wire is one of America’s fastest-growing conservative media companies and counter-cultural outlets for news, opinion, and entertainment. Get inside access to The Daily Wire by becoming a member.