sharp line being drawn today between Hollande saying this changes everything and Obama saying no it doesn’t
— Philip Gourevitch (@PGourevitch) November 16, 2015
In striking contrast with French President Francois Hollande, a proud socialist, President Obama gently tip-toed around the ostensibly combustible feelings of the Muslim community, or ummah, doubling-down on his non-strategy against ISIS at a press conference on Monday.
While world leaders, like British Prime Minister David Cameron, scrambled to reassess military options and border security, Obama prostrated himself on the altar of apologetics. Of all places to celebrate America’s descent as the “lead from behind” authority, Obama chose the G20 summit, a highly publicized international event featuring global economic players.
To the chagrin of Western civilization, Obama’s press conference on Monday was perhaps the most spectacular example of cowardice ever displayed by an office holder of the modern presidency.
Here are the top 5 reasons why Obama’s remarks on Monday cemented his legacy as a coward:
1. Obama directed more anger toward Republicans than the Islamic terrorists that killed nearly 130 people in Paris over the weekend. When asked about the American response to the growing threat of ISIS and Islamic jihadism, Obama repeatedly deflected the issue and indirectly condemned Republicans for their supposedly-closed hearts. Rather than mourning the loss of life and offer solutions to prevent further bloodshed on European or American soil, Obama politicized his news conference and exploited domestic policy disagreements for seedy ends. No-drama Obama was cool, collected, and indifferent for the most part, refusing to show emotion when reflecting on the victims of the Paris massacre. Instead, he saved his outrage for Republican lawmakers. The president’s most impassioned moment came when he blasted conservatives for suggesting that the United States review its lax policies surrounding the absorption of Muslim refugees:
And so we have to, each of us, do our part. And the United States has to step up and do its part. And when I hear folks say that, well, maybe we should just admit the Christians but not the Muslims; when I hear political leaders suggesting that there would be a religious test for which a person who’s fleeing from a war-torn country is admitted…That’s not who we are. We don’t have religious tests to our compassion.
As Breitbart’s John Nolte noted:
Obama finally shows some anger and energy and outrage…. Towards Republicans. Not ISIS. Never ISIS.
— John Nolte (@NolteNC) November 16, 2015
When Obama famously said, “we have never been just a collection of individuals or a collection of red states and blue states,” he lied. Granted, the United States has always been an open and pluralistic society, but Obama doesn’t believe that, especially when he sinks to depths so low that he’s willing to leverage his animosity against Republicans to defer attention away from Radical Islam. From the moment President Obama took the inaugural oath of office, he has sowed the politics of division, marking the Republican Party, fellow Americans, as public enemy number one.
2. Obama used racist attacks against minority Republican presidential candidates to justify an open border policy for Muslim refugees. After praising the religion of peace in a sermon that would make the local mullah blush, Obama directed his scorn at Sen. Ted Cruz and Sen. Marco Rubio. When asked about the Muslim refugee crisis, Obama exploited the family history of the two Cuban-American candidates, calling the second-generation immigrants un-American. “When some of those [Republicans} themselves come from families who benefited from protection when they were fleeing political persecution — that’s shameful. That’s not American,” wallowed Obama. Rather than addressing the security concerns of Republicans on the other side of the aisle, the commander-in-chief decided to dismiss and define the experiences of one immigrant population to bolster his reckless policy of accepting Muslim refugees without appropriate screening procedures.
Can the White House please provide a download app with their list of stuff that is officially Un-American? I’m starting to lose track.
— David Burge (@iowahawkblog) November 16, 2015
3. Obama refused to acknowledge the global threat of ISIS and espoused the same non-strategy against the Islamic terror group. If the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting it to come out different, then Obama is patient zero at Bedlam Asylum. Just hours after Obama announced that ISIS was “contained,” the Islamic State launched one of the most deadly terrorist attacks in modern European history. Obama refused to backpedal, instead doubling down on the myth that the feeble US fight against ISIS has compromised the group’s operational command. “And so we are going to continue to pursue the strategy that has the best chance of working, even though it does not offer the satisfaction, I guess, of a neat headline or an immediate resolution,” Obama told a bewildered CNN reporter. This continued strategy has left Russia in control of Syria and ISIS in a position of strategic advantage. ISIS is far from “contained,” despite the Obama administration’s laughable talking point. The jihadist beast is alive and well, infiltrating the West with tremendous financial resources and firepower. This president will not acknowledge the threat of ISIS to the home-front and elsewhere. He is far too invested in prosecuting Christian bakers domestically to confront radical Islam internationally. Obama never saw himself as a foreign policy president. The Leftist’s entire presidency is built upon a domestic platform of radical historical revisionism and social engineering. Although Obama’s hands-off approach to foreign policy resulted in the implosion of the Middle East, the president is still fine with putting on a show of empathy and comforting the Muslim world.
The world should be ashamed for not living up to Obama’s expectations. #stupidworld
— David Burge (@iowahawkblog) November 16, 2015
4. Obama trashed the notion of American leadership. If there was any doubt about Obama’s perverse worldview, he made sure to hammer the Leftist philosophy of American inferiority home. In perhaps the most egregious display of paternalism from any US president, including Jimmy Carter, Obama stated:
But what I’m not interested in doing is posing or pursuing some notion of American leadership or America winning, or whatever other slogans they come up with that has no relationship to what is actually going to work to protect the American people, and to protect people in the region who are getting killed, and to protect our allies and people like France. I’m too busy for that.
The commander-in-chief is, by his own words, “too busy” to lead the free world. This begs why he campaigned for the job in the first place, but seven years into this disastrous administration, that line of inquiry, is quite admittedly, an exercise in painstaking frustration. With the condescending tone of a Leftist university professor hell bent on reinforcing the narrative of a disgraceful America, Obama infantilized all Americans that believe that the United States of America is a force of goodwill and leadership abroad. Contra Obama’s grotesque display of arrogance, American “leadership” and will to win and defeat moral evil in whatever form it may take is not just a “slogan.” When the United States and its allies liberated concentration camps, stopped the genocide in Bosnia, and brought an end to the tyranny of the Soviet empire, soldiers, diplomats, and regular Americans sacrificed life and limb for the principles of liberty and justice. It’s a shame that the 44th President of the United States doesn’t feel the same way.
5. Obama refused to condemn Radical Islam. There is a reason why Obama is celebrated for his soaring oratory. He is a master of empty words and pseudo-inspirational language. Obama celebrates the fact that he can artfully dodge the need to mention “Islam” in any negative capacity, despite countless attacks and lives lost. He knows full well that the media will not hold him accountable for his weasel-words. Leftist ideology always favors the feelings of a supposedly victimized group over the truth. President Obama, and his media counterparts, have handicapped the Muslim community, and for that matter, the black community, by doing everything in their power to displace blame. This president cannot get out of his own way to condemn Radical Islam, an ideology that so clearly informs terrorism that fanatic Muslims are blowing themselves up and citing Quranic verses to prove it. At the news conference, Obama proclaimed:
I had a lot of disagreements with George W. Bush on policy, but I was very proud after 9/11 when he was adamant and clear about the fact that this is not a war on Islam. And the notion that some of those who have taken on leadership in his party would ignore all of that, that’s not who we are. On this, they should follow his example. It was the right one. It was the right impulse. It’s our better impulse. And whether you are European or American, the values that we are defending — the values that we’re fighting against ISIL.
As ISIS and its ilk slaughter apostates, stone women, molest children under the auspices of Islamic history and textual literalism, Obama gives the American people a stern lecture on why our eyes and ears are deceiving us. It’s about healthcare, global warming, and jobs, says the Left; as if we are all blind sheep ready for to drink the kool-aid and march to our own slaughter.