An illegal alien from Kenya was charged in Texas this week for allegedly murdering 11 elderly women, which comes in addition to charges he faces from 2018 for allegedly murdering another elderly woman.
“Billy Chemirmir, 46, has been in the Dallas County Jail since March 2018 facing a capital murder charge in the death of 81-year-old Lu Thi Harris,” The Dallas Morning News reported. “Chemirmir, a former health care worker, was indicted Tuesday on six additional counts of capital murder in Dallas County and five counts in Collin County. Chemirmir has also been accused of trying to suffocate two other elderly women in Collin County.”
WFAA reported that Chemirmir was charged this week in the deaths of the following women:
- Phyllis Payne, 91, on May 14, 2016
- Phoebe Perry, 94, on June 5, 2016
- Norma French, 85, on Oct. 8, 2016
- Doris Gleason, 92, on Oct. 29, 2016
- Minnie Campbell, 83, on Oct. 31, 2017
- Carolyn MacPhee, 81, on Dec. 31, 2017
- Rosemary Curtis, 76, on Jan. 17, 2018
- Mary Brooks, 87, on Jan. 31, 2018
- Martha Williams, 80, on March 4, 2018
- Miriam Nelson, 81, on March 9, 2018
- Ann Conklin, 82, on March 18, 2018
The Associated Press reports that the break in the case came in March when Chemirmir forced his way into the apartment of a 91-year-old woman, allegedly telling her “go to bed, don’t fight me.” Chemirmir allegedly smothered the woman with a pillow and robbed her but paramedics were able to revive her and she gave authorities information that was relevant to his capture.
Chemirmir is also facing immigration-related charges for being unlawfully present in the United States.