News

School Officials Could Face Charges in Michigan’s Oxford High School Shooting

   DailyWire.com
Oakland County Prosecuting Attorney Karen McDonald announces that charges have been filed against the parents of accused Oxford High School gunman Eathan Crumbley during a press conference on December 03 2021 in Pontiac, Michigan.
Scott Olson/Getty Images

Oxford High School officials could potentially face charges following the shooting last week that killed four students and injured seven others in Michigan.

Oakland County Prosecutor Karen McDonald revealed the new information during an interview on NBC’s “Today” aired on Monday during which she was asked if it was possible that school officials could face charges related to the tragedy.

“It’s possible,” McDonald responded, offering no further comment.

The parents each face four criminal charges for involuntary manslaughter after reports that their son allegedly used a handgun purchased by the father as a gift for his son on Black Friday.

The Daily Wire previously reported that the 15-year-old Michigan student also likely had the handgun in his backpack during a meeting with teachers and parents just hours before using it in the shooting spree.

McDonald told CNN on Thursday that there was a “very strong possibility” the suspect was already carrying the weapon during a meeting with his parents and school officials earlier in the day before the shooting.

“I think that it’s already been public that he did have the weapon. During COVID, they don’t use lockers, so they just have backpacks,” McDonald said.

“And unfortunately, he was allowed to get back to class. And we now know he had a weapon with him at that time. And that is simply tragic,” she added.

Oxford Community Schools Superintendent Tim Throne also addressed the shooting during a video to the community on Thursday.

“I want you to know that there has been a lot of talk about the student who was apprehended,” Throne said.

“That he was called up to the office, and all that kind of stuff. No discipline was warranted. There are no discipline records at the high school,” he added.

Throne did confirm that the student had “contact” with the front office and that the student’s parents were on campus on Tuesday morning before the shooting.

“Yes, this student did have contact with our front office, and yes, his parents were on campus November 30th,” he said.

“This is as much information as we can give you now,” he added.

Three students were reported dead on Tuesday. A fourth victim died on Wednesday, according to the Oakland County Sheriff’s Office.

Justin Shilling, 17, passed away at approximately 10:00 a.m. local time at McLaren Oakland Hospital in Pontiac just one day after the shooting tragedy that took the lives of three students.

The three students who died on the day of the incident included Tate Myre, a 16-year-old football player, who died in a sheriff’s deputy’s car while traveling to the hospital; Hana St. Juliana, 14; and Madisyn Baldwin, 17.

The suspect is currently being held and has declined to speak to law enforcement regarding motives. The student has been charged with counts of murder and terrorism.

The Daily Wire is one of America’s fastest-growing conservative media companies and counter-cultural outlets for news, opinion, and entertainment. Get inside access to The Daily Wire by becoming a member.