The 15-year-old male shooting suspect in the Michigan Oxford High School shooting incident that killed four students and injured seven others has been charged with first-degree murder and terrorism charges, an Oakland County prosecutor announced on Wednesday.
The student is being charged as an adult and his name was released; however, The Daily Wire will not share his name pursuant to our policy against naming the perpetrators in mass casualty incidents. The shooter will also face seven counts of assault with intent to kill and 12 counts of possession of a firearm.
“This isn’t even a close call,” Oakland County prosecutor Karen McDonald told reporters on Wednesday during a press conference. “This was absolutely premeditated.”
“There is a mountain of digital evidence,” she added, noting that the investigation is ongoing.
Three students were reported dead on Tuesday. A fourth victim died on Wednesday, according to the Oakland County Sheriff’s Office.
Justin Shilling, 17, passed away at approximately 10:00 a.m. local time at McLaren Oakland Hospital in Pontiac just one day after the shooting tragedy that took the lives of three students.
Heartbreaking. Here are the three students who were shot and killed yesterday at Oxford High School.
• Tate Myre, 16
• Hanna St. Julian, 14
— Dana Whyte (@dwhytereports) December 1, 2021
The three students who died on the day of the incident included Tate Myre, a 16-year-old football player, who died in a sheriff’s deputy’s car while traveling to the hospital; Hana St. Juliana, 14; and Madisyn Baldwin, 17.
It is with great grief that one of the victims of the tragic event at OHS today was one of our own, Tate Myre. Tate was on varsity since his freshman year and was an honor student. Tate was a great young man with a bright future and beloved by all. You will be missed, Tate 💙💛 pic.twitter.com/AKJCH1UWBG
— Oxford Football (@OxfordFootbalI) December 1, 2021
Six additional people remain wounded, including one unnamed 47-year-old teacher grazed by a bullet.
Other students noted in the press conference and reported by a local FOX 2 affiliate included:
- A 14-year-old boy with a gunshot wound to the head and jaw is in serious condition.
- A 17-year-old girl was listed as stable after being shot in the neck.
- A 15-year-old boy was shot in the leg and is stable.
- A 14-year-old girl with chest and neck wounds is currently on a ventilator after surgery, according to the sheriff.
- A 17-year-old girl was shot in the chest and is in critical condition.
The suspect is currently being held at a local juvenile detention facility and has declined to speak to law enforcement regarding motives.
The Daily Wire previously reported that the shooting involved a handgun likely purchased by his father on Black Friday, according to what Oakland County Sheriff Mike Bouchard said on Tuesday.
The student was taken into custody along with a 9mm Sig Sauer SP 2022 handgun, according to a report by the Detroit Free Press. The suspect had at least two 15-round magazines, with seven remaining rounds when he was apprehended, according to Bouchard’s press conference.
“Preliminary investigation revealed that the weapon used in the shooting was purchased on November 26th, four days ago by the boy’s father. The gun had 15 round magazines. We found two of them. There allegedly was three… more than likely that third magazine will be found there,” Bouchard noted.
WATCH LIVE: The Oakland County Sheriff’s Office is holding a 10 p.m. press conference providing an update on the deadly mass shooting at Oxford High School. https://t.co/FCSZ8DG7SB
— WXYZ Detroit (@wxyzdetroit) December 1, 2021
At least 12 shots were fired, based on shell casings found at the school. Earlier reports noted 15 to 20 rounds had been fired during the shooting.
The Daily Wire is one of America’s fastest-growing conservative media companies and counter-cultural outlets for news, opinion, and entertainment. Get inside access to The Daily Wire by becoming a member.