Lara Trump, wife to Donald Trump’s son Eric, posted messages to social media Tuesday evening apparently from Facebook and Instagram informing her that posts “in the voice of Donald Trump” are banned from their platforms.
According to messages from the platforms, clips from the interview have already been removed from Facebook. Instagram issued a warning to Lara that any footage from the interview will be removed if posted and will result in punishment in the form of “additional limitations on the accounts.”
The message allegedly from Facebook reads:
We are reaching out to let you know that we removed content from Lara Trump’s Facebook Page that featured President Trump speaking: In line with the block we placed on Donald Trump’s Facebook and Instagram accounts, further content posted in the voice of Donald Trump will be removed and result in additional limitations on the accounts.
A message allegedly from Instagram reads:
I saw on Lara Trump’s Instagram account that she will be hosting an interview with President Donald Trump tonight. Just a reminder that content posted on Facebook and Instagram in the voice of President Trump is not currently allowed on our platforms (including new posts with President Trump speaking), and will be removed if posted, resulting in additional limitations on accounts that posted it.
This guidance applies to all campaign accounts and Pages, including Team Trump, other campaign messaging vehicles on our platforms, and former surrogates.
This is Facebook friends! What an absolute slap in the face to 75 Million Americans pic.twitter.com/UtBBhyNgaQ
— Eric Trump (@EricTrump) March 31, 2021
Captioning screenshots of the messages from Facebook and Instagram, Lara wrote, “and just like that, we are one step closer to [George] Orwell’s 1984. Wow.”
YouTube has similarly moved to further limit President Trump’s words from the platform.
For example, it was made clear earlier this month that YouTube has banned the platforming of Trump’s full 2021 CPAC speech from their platform unless users add “countervailing viewpoints” about Trump’s refuted elections claims to their post.
At the time, The Daily Wire reached out to YouTube about the unavailability of the full speech, specifically asking why the outlet Right Side Broadcasting Network had their video of Trump’s full speech removed from the platform, as well as being hit with a two-week suspension.
YouTube spokeswoman Ivy Choi told The Daily Wire that the video violated their “presidential election integrity policy,” which was implemented on December 9.
“We enforce our Community Guidelines consistently, regardless of speaker or political leaning,” Choi told The Daily Wire. “In accordance with our established presidential election integrity policy, which prohibits content uploaded after the safe harbor deadline claiming widespread fraud changed the outcome of the 2020 U.S. presidential election, we removed this video from Right Side Broadcasting Network. Content featuring footage from CPAC 2021 that does not violate our policies or contains sufficient educational, documentary, scientific and artistic context remains on YouTube.”
The Daily Wire is one of America’s fastest-growing conservative media companies and counter-cultural outlets for news, opinion, and entertainment. Get inside access to The Daily Wire by becoming a member.