James O’Keefe’s Project Veritas released explosive video on Wednesday in the second installment of their latest #ExposeCNN series. The video showed a CNN director claiming that the network’s reporters manipulate people and that the far-left network only has people go on television who “have a proven track record of taking” the network’s “bait.”
The videos feature CNN Technical Director Charlie Chester speaking to an undercover Project Veritas journalist. The first batch of videos, released on Monday, featured Chester saying that the network worked to get President Donald Trump out of office, that they create “propaganda” and that they plan to use “fear” to advance their climate agenda.
Chester said that the network is aggressively covering allegations made against Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL) “to keep hurting him” because he was a “problem” for the Democrat Party and that it would be “great” for Democrats if he was removed from Congress.
In the latest batch of videos, Chester said:
- “Any reporter on CNN — what they’re actually doing is they’re telling the person what to say… It’s always like leading them in a direction before they even open their mouths. The only people that we [CNN] will let on the air, for the most part, are people that have a proven track record of taking the bait.”
- “I think there’s an art to manipulation…Inflection, saying things twice — there’s little subtleties to how to manipulate people…I mean, it’s enough to change the world, you know?”
Speaking on ratings from the coronavirus pandemic, Chester said that the way the network covered the pandemic made some people inside the network essentially wish that the daily statistics were “higher,” an incentive structure he said was a “problem” because it was perverse in nature.
Chester said that part of the reason that the network covered the pandemic the way that they did was because “fear really drives numbers” and it “keeps you tuned in.”
Mollie Hemingway, senior editor at The Federalist, noted how damaging the segment was to the credibility of those who appear on the network.
“The thing he admits at the end about the only voices they allow on air being the ones that are easily controlled is devastating to every CNN reporter/contributor/host’s credibility,” Hemingway said. “Not that wise people needed to have him admit that.”
The thing he admits at the end about the only voices they allow on air being the ones that are easily controlled is devastating to every CNN reporter/contributor/host’s credibility. Not that wise people needed to have him admit that. https://t.co/PABjAyt5nJ
— Mollie (@MZHemingway) April 14, 2021
During the first installment of Project Veritas’ latest #ExposeCNN series, Chester made the following remarks about the network working to remove Trump from office:
- “Look what we did, we [CNN] got Trump out. I am 100% going to say it, and I 100% believe that if it wasn’t for CNN, I don’t know that Trump would have got voted out…I came to CNN because I wanted to be a part of that.”
- “It’s going to be our [CNN’s] focus. Like our focus was to get Trump out of office, right? Without saying it, that’s what it was, right? So, our next thing is going to be climate change awareness.”
On CNN creating “propaganda” to damage Trump, Chester said:
- “[Trump’s] hand was shaking or whatever, I think. We brought in so many medical people to tell a story that was all speculation — that he was neurologically damaged, and he was losing it. He’s unfit to — you know, whatever. We were creating a story there that we didn’t know anything about. That’s what — I think that’s propaganda.”
- CNN Director: We Worked To Oust Trump, We Create ‘Propaganda,’ Use ‘Fear’ To Pass Climate Agenda
- CNN Director: Network Hammering Gaetz ‘To Keep Hurting Him’ Because It’s ‘Great’ For Democrat Party
- WATCH: CNN Director Bolts After Being Confronted By James O’Keefe Over Stunning Admissions Made On Video
The Daily Wire is one of America’s fastest-growing conservative media companies and counter-cultural outlets for news, opinion, and entertainment. Get inside access to The Daily Wire by becoming a member.