George Nader, a convicted pedophile that special counsel Robert Mueller used in his Russia investigation, was indicted on Tuesday for allegedly concealing millions of dollars in illegal campaign contributions to then-Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton.
“The Justice Department refers only to an unidentified 2016 presidential candidate, but campaign finance records make clear that the candidate was Clinton,” Politico reported.
In a statement, the U.S. Department of Justice wrote:
According to the indictment, from March 2016 through January 2017, Khawaja conspired with Nader to conceal the source of more than $3.5 million in campaign contributions, directed to political committees associated with a candidate for President of the United States in the 2016 election. By design, these contributions appeared to be in the names of Khawaja, his wife, and his company. In reality, they allegedly were funded by Nader. Khawaja and Nader allegedly made these contributions in an effort to gain influence with high-level political figures, including the candidate. As Khawaja and Nader arranged these payments, Nader allegedly reported to an official from a foreign government about his efforts to gain influence.
“The indictment noted that political committees that received funding unwittingly submitted false disclosure reports and were presumably victims of the plot,” The Washington Post reported. “Still, Clinton apparently attended numerous events, including small gatherings, with Nader, who on July 19, 2016, messaged the foreign official a photograph of him with Candidate 1’s spouse — an apparent reference to Bill Clinton — at Khawaja’s home.”
The Associated Press highlighted Nader’s alleged criminal history in March 15 report:
Nader was convicted by Prague’s Municipal Court of 10 cases of sexually abusing minors and sentenced to a one-year prison term in May 2003, said Marketa Puci, the court spokeswoman. She said the crimes occurred between 1999 and 2002. …
In one case, Nader requested oral sex from a 14-year-old in a room at the Hilton Hotel in Prague, Puci said. After the boy refused, Nader masturbated in front of the boy and paid him 2,000 koruna — worth about $100 today, she said.
Federalist co-founder Sean Davis noted in a tweet that Nader was “a top Mueller source during the anti-Trump Russia probe — a pedophile and child porn trafficker whom Mueller refused to arrest.”
Law&Crime documented the allegations late last month, reporting:
Nader was arrested in New York City back in June for allegedly “transporting visual depictions of minors engaged in sexually explicit conduct.” The charges stemmed from evidence the FBI found when agents seized three of Nader’s iPhones on an unrelated matter in January 2018, according to court documents. The FBI allegedly found dozens of pornographic videos of boys on one of Nader’s phones, as well as images depicting bestiality. Nader previously pleaded guilty to one count of transporting child pornography in 1991.
Investigators found him at Dulles International Airport in January 2018 to talk to him about his work on Donald Trump’s presidential campaign; they seized Nader’s electronic devices. They said he allegedly possessed 12 videos showing minors in sex acts.
They have gone on to say that videos depicted children as young as 3, and that some of the footage was sent from his phone to others. He was already fighting the allegation, and has pleaded not guilty to the new charges on Friday.
A top Mueller source during the anti-Trump Russia probe — a pedophile and child porn trafficker whom Mueller refused to arrest — was just indicted for running an illegal campaign contribution scheme in 2016 on *Hillary Clinton's* behalf. https://t.co/ggMQAnSapR pic.twitter.com/ZJ1fNKytU6
— Sean Davis (@seanmdav) December 4, 2019