DailyWire.com

UPDATE: No Suspicious Package Headed For White House

On Wednesday morning, CNN reported a suspicious package addressed to the White House that contained a pipe bomb was intercepted at Joint Base Bolling in Washington, D.C., citing a a law enforcement official. The official told CNN that the package resembled the ones sent to the homes of former President Barack Obama, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and billionaire investor George Soros. The official also stated that the device inside the package was simple but functional and contained projectiles.

CNN's Evan Perez also reported that the device sent to the White House “contained projectiles.”

While the CNN report was detailed about where the White House package was intercepted and what was in the bomb, Reuters later reported that "no suspicious package" was actually intercepted. The U.S. Secret Service also said it had not intercepted a package intended for the White House

After the suspicious packages sent to Obama, Clinton and Soros had been discovered, White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders issued this statement:

We condemn the attempted violent attacks recently made against President Obama, President Clinton, Secretary Clinton, and other public figures. These terrorizing acts are despicable, and anyone responsible will be held accountable to the fullest extent of the law. The United States Secret Service and other law enforcement agencies are investigating and will take all appropriate actions to protect anyone threatened by these cowards.

Update: An earlier version of this report stated a suspicious package was intercepted on its way to the White House, based on CNN reporting. CNN has since retracted its report. This article has been updated to reflect new information.

 
 
 

What's Your Reaction?