Amid the massive news tsunami that broke on Friday regarding the FBI’s renewed investigation into Hillary Clinton, it’s easy to overlook the details and just stick with the headline: “Clinton Back Under The Gun.” But there are so many delicious details to savor.
Here are the seven most important ones.
1. The New Emails Were Uncovered By The FBI In The Weiner Probe. Anthony Weiner’s penis troubles have become well-known at this point – he has a habit of sending pictures of his penis to every female within a 3,000 mile radius, and of any age. The FBI, investigating Weiner’s devices, found emails related to the Clinton investigation.
2. Weiner’s Device Has 650,000 Emails On It. According to The Wall Street Journal, “Investigators found 650,000 emails on a laptop that they believe was used by former Rep. Anthony Weiner and his estranged wife Huma Abedin, a close Clinton aide, and underlying metadata suggests thousands of those messages could have been sent to or from the private server that Mrs. Clinton used while she was secretary of state, according to people familiar with the matter.”
3. FBI Director Comey’s Letter Didn’t Say Much. Comey’s letter to Congress didn’t say much. All it said was that new emails had been found pertinent to the Hillary private server investigation. He explained to FBI employees, “Because those emails appear to be pertinent to our investigation, I agreed that we should take appropriate steps to obtain and review them. Of course, we don’t ordinarily tell Congress about ongoing investigations, but here I feel an obligation to do so given that I testified repeatedly in recent months that our investigation was completed.”
4. FBI Agents Only Told Comey About The Emails On Thursday. The FBI finally has a warrant to search the Weiner device. But according to The Washington Post, “FBI agents investigating Clinton’s use of a private email server while secretary of state knew early this month that messages recovered in a separate probe might be germane to their case, but they waited weeks before briefing the FBI director.” Apparently Comey only found out about the emails on Thursday, and immediately notified Congress, fearing perjuring himself.
5. Huma Abedin Testified She Gave Up All Emails. Abedin said under oath that she gave up every device she had with State Department emails on them. That was obviously untrue. She says that she didn’t know her emails were on this particular laptop.
6. Department of Justice Blocked FBI Probe of Clinton Foundation. According to The Wall Street Journal, the FBI was investigating the Clinton Foundation – and Loretta Lynch’s DOJ tried to shut it down. Lest we forget, Lynch met with Bill Clinton on the tarmac at an Arizona airport just before James Comey decided not to push for indictment on Hillary’s private server. The Journal said that the Justice Department was “stern, icy and dismissive of the case…anticorruption prosecutors at the Justice Department told the FBI at the meeting they wouldn’t authorize more aggressive investigative techniques, such as subpoenas, formal witness interviews, or grand-jury testimony.” Deputy FBI director Andrew McCabe was specifically named as the man responsible for shutting down the investigation, under pressure from the DOJ.
7. Democrats Are Losing Their Minds. Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid wrote a letter to Comey that he may have violated the Hatch Act; former Attorney General Eric Holder has now sounded off about Comey, too, even though he’s under contempt of Congress. Comey is now the enemy. The FBI is “rigged.” The hilarity of this reversal cannot be overstated.
More details are sure to drop – but not many from the FBI, which will remain silent until after the election, driving Democrats out of their minds.