News

Prince Harry Snubbed By Royals, Goes Home Without One-On-One Talks: Report

   DailyWire.com
Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex ride by carriage down the Mall during Trooping The Colour, the Queen's annual birthday parade, on June 08, 2019 in London, England.
Samir Hussein/Samir Hussein/WireImage

Prince Harry was reportedly snubbed by his father and brother when he went home for the death of his grandfather Prince Philip.

According to sources, Harry’s father, Charles, Prince of Wales, and brother, Prince William, Duke of Cambridge, denied Harry “one-on-one chats” “because neither trust him enough to speak with him alone,” Page Six said Tuesday.

The report added, “Charles and William would only agree to talk to Harry if there were witnesses to what was said, because the heir to the throne and his elder son feared that a twisted account might leak out from Harry’s camp, the sources said.”

“They are being protective of one another — no one wants anything private being reported back to anyone. Nobody wants anything out there,” a royal source told the outlet, noting, “And no one can pretend to know what was said on Saturday — it was just immediate family after the service.”

“It’s not just Charles and William who want to keep their rapprochement private — but Harry too,” another source said. “No one needs Gayle King reporting on private family matters.”

Last month, Harry’s wife, Duchess of Sussex Meghan Markle, made allegations of racism from within the royal family concerning her son Archie’s skin tone, though she failed to identify many specifics, including who supposedly made the comments.

“Markle made the explosive charge that someone inside the royal family had told her husband Prince Harry while she was pregnant with their son Archie that they were concerned about how dark the skin of the child would be,” The Daily Wire reported at the time.

Markle said her husband “had spoken to a close family member on the subject of their future child’s skin color,” according to Oprah Magazine.

“That conversation I’m never going to share. But at the time, it was awkward, I was a bit shocked. I’m not comfortable sharing it,” the prince reportedly said.

“They were concerned that if he were too brown that that would be a problem?” Winfrey asked. Markle responded, “I wasn’t able to follow up. If that’s the assumption you’re making … that would be a safe one.”

In response to Markle and Harry’s claims of racism, Buckingham Palace released an official statement on behalf of the Queen.

“The whole family is saddened to learn the full extent of how challenging the last few years have been for Harry and Meghan,” the statement said. “The issues raised, particularly that of race, are concerning. While some recollections may vary, they are taken very seriously and will be addressed by the family privately.”

Harry and Markle announced their split from the Royal family to become “financially independent” in January 2020, The Daily Wire reported:

“Harry and Meghan say they plan to step back as senior members of the British Royal family, and ‘carve out a progressive new role within this institution’ while working ‘to become financially independent,’” NBC News reported Wednesday afternoon.

“Harry and Meghan say [they] plan to balance time between U.K. and North America,” the outlet added.

“This geographic balance will enable us to raise our son with an appreciation for the royal tradition into which he was born, while also providing our family with the space to focus on the next chapter,” the couple said.

Related: Meghan Markle 2014 Blog ‘Debunks’ Claims Made During Oprah Interview: Report

The Daily Wire is one of America’s fastest-growing conservative media companies and counter-cultural outlets for news, opinion, and entertainment. Get inside access to The Daily Wire by becoming a member.