The Republican National Committee released a new campaign ad on Friday that highlighted the political violence that has occurred against Republicans in recent weeks; the ad comes just as House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi endorsed "collateral damage" against conservatives.
The ad comes after several violent attacks have been launched against Republicans in recent days, including:
- Suspicious envelope causes ricin scare at Sen. Collins’ home
- Dem Operative For Soros-Funded Group Attacked Female GOP Campaign Manager
- Two Republican Candidates Attacked While Campaigning In Minnesota
- Wyoming GOP Office Set On Fire Less Than Two Days After Opening — Police Say It Was Intentional
- Sen. Cory Gardner’s Wife Allegedly Received ‘Beheading’ Video Prior To Kavanaugh Vote
Pelosi, a California Democrat, said earlier this week that if collateral damage happens against those who disagree with the political agenda of the Democratic Party, then "so be it."
"We have to have total clarity about what we do when it comes to everything — a woman’s right to choose, gay marriage ... whether it’s about immigration, whether it’s about gun safety, whether it’s about climate ..." Pelosi said earlier this week. "I think that we owe the American people to be there for them, for their financial security, respecting the dignity and worth of every person in our country, and if there’s some collateral damage for some others who do not share our view, well, so be it, but it shouldn't be our original purpose."