During a recent appearance on CBS' "This Morning," former Vice President Joe Biden declared that Barack Obama's presidency didn't have "a hint of a scandal."
Biden made the claim in response to a question by the show's hosts about his friendship with the former president. After praising Obama as the most virtuous president he's met in his decades of serving the people, Biden said that not only was the former president spotless, so was his presidency.
"I've served with eight presidents and I've gotten to know four of them very well. I've never met any president that has more character, more integrity, and more backbone than this guy does," Biden claimed. "And eight years, not a hint — not a hint — of a scandal."
Biden's claim is, of course, false. Obama's presidency was littered with scandals, and newly discovered scandals from his administration are still being unearthed. Here are just a few of the biggest scandals that occurred under the Obama administration:
1. Helping Hezbollah to get the Iran Deal done — A bombshell report from Politico released on Sunday revealed that the Obama administration intentionally derailed a massive federal investigation into the Iranian-backed terrorist organization Hezbollah so that they could pass the Iran deal. One federal agent said that Obama’s actions allowed Hezbollah "to become one of the biggest transnational organized crime groups in the world."
2. Billions to Iran — The Obama administration reportedly might have paid Iran "an additional $33.6 billion in secret cash and gold payments facilitated by the Obama administration between 2014 and 2016, according to testimony provided before Congress by an expert on last summer’s nuclear agreement with Iran."
3. The Iran Deal — The Iran Deal is a disastrous, one-sided deal that Obama pushed through for political purposes that's been described by top nuclear experts as a complete "joke."
4. IRS targets Tea Party — "In an unprecedented victorious conclusion to our four-year-long legal battle against the IRS, the bureaucratic agency has just admitted in federal court that it wrongfully targeted Tea Party and conservative groups during the Obama administration because of their political viewpoints and issued an apology to our clients for doing so."
5. Obama & Hillary’s private server — "WikiLeaks has released e-mails showing Hillary Clinton’s advisers knew there was a problem when President Obama denied knowledge of Clinton’s private e-mail system."
6. Spied on AP reporters — "The Obama administration, which has a chilling zeal for investigating leaks and prosecuting leakers, has failed to offer a credible justification for secretly combing through the phone records of reporters and editors at The Associated Press in what looks like a fishing expedition for sources and an effort to frighten off whistle-blowers."
7. Obama told at least 18 lies on Obamacare — Obamacare broke a lot of key promises (at least 18) that Obama made both on the campaign trail and throughout his presidency.
8. Operation Fast & Furious — "Members of a congressional committee at a public hearing Wednesday blasted former President Barack Obama and his attorney general for allegedly covering up an investigation into the death of a Border Patrol agent killed as a result of a botched government gun-running project known as Operation Fast and Furious."
9. Benghazi — "In the weeks and months after the attack, as multiple authorities tried to get to the bottom of what happened, the Obama administration was busy stonewalling at every turn. With the 2012 presidential election nearing, the Obama administration had every incentive to prevent the public from knowing exactly how they had failed so badly."
10. NSA spied on Americans — "The National Security Agency and FBI violated specific civil liberty protections during the Obama administration by improperly searching and disseminating raw intelligence on Americans or failing to promptly delete unauthorized intercepts, according to newly declassified memos that provide some of the richest detail to date on the spy agencies’ ability to obey their own rules."
11. Solyndra scandal — "Solyndra, the solar panel manufacturer who took more than $500 million from President Obama’s stimulus then went bust, sticking taxpayers for the loss, lied to federal officials to secure the loan, the Energy Department’s inspector general said in a report released Wednesday. But the Obama administration goofed too, and may have cut corners in fully vetting the project because of ‘political pressure’ from top Democrats and Solyndra itself, the investigators said in their report, which took four years to complete."