[UPDATE: 2:45 a.m. EST] According to CNN: "The London Ambulance Service has updated the number of people being treated at five hospitals from 'more than 30' to 48." The death toll remains at 6 as of this publication. As previously reported, the three individuals who officials believe carried out the attack have been killed by police.

[UPDATE: 2:30 a.m. EST] London Mayor Sadiq Khan issued the following statement opposing any postponement of the general election, which is scheduled for June 8th (via The Guardian):

They [the terrorists] want to stop us enjoying the freedoms that we have … they want to stop us voting on Thursday in the general election … we can’t allow them to do that.

I’m not an advocate of postponing the election, I’m a passionate believer in democracy … One of the things these terrorists hate is democracy.

People should remain calm and vigilant, carry about their normal business.

...The threat level remains severe … [that] means an attack across the country is still highly likely. Londoners will see an increased police presence today and over the next few days … some of it armed officers.

Khan also posted the following to his Facebook account:

[UPDATE: 1:15 a.m. EST] With this Thursday's contentious national elections around the corner, Prime Minister Theresa May has temporarily suspended campaigning. She will chair an emergency national security COBRA meeting with intelligence and national security officials Sunday morning. London Mayor Sadiq Khan has announced that he will attend the crisis committee meeting. After raising the U.K.'s threat level to "critical" (the highest level possible that connotes that a terrorist attack is imminent) in the wake of the Manchester attack, counter-terrorism officials recently lowered the threat level to "severe." The threat level may be raised to again following May's meeting with intelligence officials.

[UPDATE: 1:00 a.m. EST] City ambulance services say that 30 people have been transported to five different hospitals across London. "One of those injured was a British Transport police officer who was one of the first on the scene in response to calls from help from the public. He was stabbed in the head, face and leg, but his injuries are not thought to be life-threatening," reports The Guardian. "None of those killed or injured, or the perpetrators, have yet been named."

Emergency and police services arrived six minutes after the attacks had taken place, drawing praise from British officials, including Prime Minister Theresa May.

"Some 80 medics responded to the incident including ambulance crews and an advanced trauma team from London’s air ambulance," reports AP.

As stated earlier, police say that at least six victims have been killed as a result of the jihadist attacks. In addition, all three suspects have been shot dead by police.

No terror group has claimed responsibility for the attack yet, however ISIS-sympathizing social media accounts and telegram channels have been celebrating since news of the tragedy first broke.

[UPDATE: 12:52 a.m. EST] An eyewitness at the London bridge saw the Islamist terrorists yell "This is for Allah!" before stabbing a young girl repeatedly.

[UPDATE: 12:50 a.m. EST] We're beginning to learn more information about how the attack unfolded. The attack began when three men in a white van mowed down pedestrians on London Bridge at around 10 p.m. local time. Shortly after, the attackers drove to Borough Market and exited the vehicle wielding large knives. Reporting from Borough Market, The Guardian's Lisa O' Carroll documented how the second phase of the attack unfolded:

Witnesses said they saw two men stabbing people outside the well-known Roast restaurant in Borough market. A chef from the nearby Fish restaurant said: “I saw two guys with big knives downstairs outside Roast. They were stabbing people. The police were running away, they were community police. They were normal officers, they were running away.

“The guy with the knife was killing two people. We were shouting ‘stop, stop’ and people threw chairs at them. Police came and shot straight away.”

Another staff member from Fish said: “I saw two people in Breadhead bakery, they had blood on them, they were civilians. I never expected to see this happen here.”

The attackers were reportedly wearing fake suicide vests during the attack. Despite threatening their victims, a handful of brave civilians reportedly threw chairs at the attackers in an effort to stop their rampage.

[UPDATE: 11:10 p.m. EST] Police believe three men were responsible for the attack. An armed response police team shot all three suspects dead. Six victims died as a result of the attack, added police. The attack began on London Bridge when the three men in the van plowed down pedestrians. The same van then went to Borough Market. There, the three men exited the vehicle and began attacking civilians at bars. Ultimately, all the suspects were shot dead by police. The entire incident lasted just eight minutes before it was stopped by security forces. Assistant Commissioner Mark Rowley released a statement and answered reporters' questions in the last hour (see below):

[UPDATE: 8:50 p.m. EST] A trauma team has been deployed to Borough Market, indicating that the stabbing may have caused serious injuries to civilians. London Bridge and Borough Market are still on lockdown. Police are advising civilians to stay away from the two sites.

[UPDATE: 8:45 p.m. EST] We don't know for sure how many attackers were involved in the terrorist incidents. Some witnesses have reported seeing three armed men leave a white van on the way to attack civilians at bars and restaurants in Borough Market. Others reported seeing five attackers. Eyewitness testimony can be inaccurate, however the large presence of police on the streets suggest there may be more than one attacker.

[UPDATE: 8:40 p.m. EST] Reuters is reporting that witnesses have heard explosions in London. Most likely, these are controlled explosions (not uncommon in the aftermath of terror attacks).

[UPDATE: 8:35 p.m. EST] Ambulance activity, deployment of emergency services indicates that there may be multiple casualties. At least one death has been confirmed.

[UPDATE: 8:30 p.m. EST] Sky News is reporting that pubs are opening their doors to evacuees leaving hotels near Borough Market. Police are flooding the area, telling civilians to bunker down and flee the scene.

[UPDATE: 8:27 p.m. EST] Cell phone footage shows London Metro police storming into a bar and telling patrons to "get down." Police appear to be securing areas near the site of the attacks.

[UPDATE: 8:25 p.m. EST] Witnesses have reported seeing multiple armed men leave a van to carry out attacks in bars and restaurants near Borough Market. More and more resources are being dispatched to the Borough Market area, suggesting the situation still remains fluid. Civilians are being advised to the leave the area immediately. According to Sky News, London Metropolitan Police appear to on the hunt for multiple suspects. One suspect may have been killed during a shootout with police, according to Sky. Another suspect has been apprehended. He looks like a Middle Eastern man in his mid-30s.

[UPDATE: 8:20 p.m. EST] An incident at Vauxhall that was thought to have been connected to the two terrorist incidents at London Bridge and Borough Market has been confirmed to be a separate, unrelated stabbing incident. Again, London Metropolitan Police are treating the van-ramming attack at London Bridge and the mass stabbing in Borough Market as terrorist acts.

[UPDATE: 8:15 p.m. EST] One suspect appears to be under arrest, however witnesses have reported multiple attackers. Police have been going into bars and restaurants near Borough Market to clear the area. Civilians are being asked to put their hands over their heads and follow police commands as they make their exodus out of the area.

[UPDATE: 8:10 p.m. EST] Prime Minister Theresa May has said that police are treating the two incidents are potential acts of terrorism.

[UPDATE: 6:45 p.m. EST] CNN is also reporting that two men entered a restaurant in Borough Market, which is not far from London Bridge, and proceeded to stab two individuals. Police are responding to that incident as well.

[UPDATE: 6:38 p.m. EST] According to the BBC, British Transport Police are reporting "a number of casualties."

Multiple news outlets are reporting that a van has plowed through pedestrians on the London Bridge.

CNN quotes Mark Roberts, a witness who said that the van moved swiftly, hitting several individuals. Roberts claims the the driver proceeded to pull onto the wrong side of the road before the vehicle ran into a bus stop.

"Within my line of sight, there were five or six people on the ground that were not moving," he said. "It looked to me that the van was aiming at the people."

The Metropolitan Police have kept citizens informed via social media:

Holly Jones, a reporter for the BBC, "was on the bridge at the time of the incident."

"He swerved right round me and then hit about five or six people. He hit about two people in front of me and then three behind," according to Jones.

Jones added that she saw a man arrested following the incident. He was allegedly "handcuffed and had his shirt off."

The Daily Wire will keep you updated as more details emerge.