Texas has decided to stop funding Planned Parenthood through their Medicaid program in 30 days.
The state cited undercover videos as showing the organization had violated state and federal law, and is therefore no longer worthy of its $3.1 million Medicaid funding.
"Your misconduct is directly related to whether you are qualified to provide medical services in a professionally competent, safe, legal and ethical manner," Texas Health and Human Services Inspector General Stuart Bowen wrote in a letter to Planned Parenthood. "Your actions violate generally accepted medical standards, as reflected in state and federal law, and are Medicaid program violations that justify termination."
Planned Parenthood is planning to fight for their funding in court.
"Planned Parenthood continues to serve Medicaid patients and will seek a preliminary injunction in an ongoing lawsuit filed in November 2015, following the state’s original threats to take action against Planned Parenthood’s patients," Yvonne Gutierrez, who directs Planned Parenthood's Texas political wing, told the Texas Tribune.
Here are 11 things you need to know about Planned Parenthood.
1. Planned Parenthood was founded by a racial eugenicist. Planned Parenthood's founder, Margaret Sanger, was a believer in the eugenics movement that pervaded the early 1900s, which was the belief that certain genetic traits were superior to others and that only the superior traits should reproduce. Here are some quotes of Sanger espousing this hideous belief:
“While I personally believe in the sterilization of the feeble-minded, the insane and syphilitic, I have not been able to discover that these measures are more than superficial deterrents when applied to the constantly growing stream of the unfit. They are excellent means of meeting a certain phase of the situation, but I believe in regard to these, as in regard to other eugenic means, that they do not go to the bottom of the matter.” (“Birth Control and Racial Betterment,” Feb. 1919, The Birth Control Review).
“Eugenics without birth control seems to us a house builded upon the sands. It is at the mercy of the rising stream of the unfit” (“Birth Control and Racial Betterment,” Feb. 1919, The Birth Control Review).
“Stop our national habit of human waste.” (“Woman and the New Race,” 1920, Chapter 6).
“By all means, there should be no children when either mother or father suffers from such diseases as tuberculosis, gonorrhea, syphilis, cancer, epilepsy, insanity, drunkenness and mental disorders. In the case of the mother, heart disease, kidney trouble and pelvic deformities are also a serious bar to childbearing No more children should be born when the parents, though healthy themselves, find that their children are physically or mentally defective.” (“Woman and the New Race,” 1920, Chapter 7).
“The main objects of the Population Congress would be to apply a stern and rigid policy of sterilization and segregation to that grade of population whose progeny is tainted, or whose inheritance is such that objectionable traits may be transmitted to offspring[;] to give certain dysgenic groups in our population their choice of segregation or sterilization.” (“A Plan for Peace,” 1932).
In a 1957 interview with Mike Wallace, Sanger revealed: “I think the greatest sin in the world is bringing children into the world — that have disease from their parents, that have no chance in the world to be a human being practically. Delinquents, prisoners, all sorts of things just marked when they’re born. That to me is the greatest sin — that people can — can commit.”
Sanger has also said that she believed that "birth control must lead ultimately to a cleaner race," but Sanger's most condemnatory quote came from a letter she wrote to eugenicist Dr. Clarence Gamble, in which she was discussing something called the "Negro Project," which was an effort to reduce births in the black population.
"We do not want word to get out that we want to exterminate the Negro population and the minister is the man who can straighten out the idea if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members," Sanger wrote.
Leftists howl and rage any time abortion opponents bring up this quote and scream that it was taken out of context, and yet their only evidence to suggest this are statements from Planned Parenthood that claim that Sanger wasn't a racist.
What is conveniently left out by the left is that Sanger once spoke to the Ku Klux Klan's women's group, and had nothing but warm things to say about them.
Today, 70 percent of Planned Parenthood organizations are in neighborhoods where primarily minorities reside, and 64 percent of all abortions were performed on minorities from 2007 to 2010, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s Abortion Surveillance report.
2. Planned Parenthood dismembers babies and then sells their body parts for profit. A series of undercover videos from the Center for Medical Progress revealed this heinous practice that Planned Parenthood conducts. Planned Parenthood officials were caught on camera admitting that they use partial-birth abortions to harvest organs–like liver and brains–and would sell them for serious cash. They also admitted that the unborn babies would come out "intact" and in one instance, a 20-week baby was kept in the freezer before it was torn apart.
Daily Wire editor-in-chief Ben Shapiro has an epic takedown of Planned Parenthood and their baby-dismembering ways here:
3. Planned Parenthood has encouraged gendercide. Undercover videos taken by the pro-life Live Action organization have revealed Planned Parenthood counselors encouraging an abortion to be performed once it becomes clear that the baby's gender is female, as seen here, here and here. Live Action President Lila Rose told The Daily Caller that one of the videos features a Planned Parenthood counselor "arranging with the actor about how to get a late-term abortion, to wait until her pregnancy is so developed that — and using Medicaid for this, using the state to pay for the ultrasound to determine the gender, and then to do a late term abortion if it was a little girl."
4. A Planned Parenthood official gave advice to a pimp running an underage sex ring. Rose exposed this with a 2011, as she explained:
This video reveals a top-level Planned Parenthood worker, the manager of Planned Parenthood of Central New Jersey's second largest clinic, making a secret deal with a pimp. Watch and listen as the Planned Parenthood manager, Amy Woodruff, advises the pimp how to make the trafficking of underage girls look "as legit as possible" (her words). Watch and listen as the manager advises the pimp how to ensure that his 14-year old victims of trafficking can still make money for him after secret abortions by performing sex acts "waist up" (her idea). Watch as she advises the pimp to instruct his girls to lie on the paper work about their ages, and identify themselves as "students" to get cheaper contraception and avoid mandatory reporting laws.
Woodruff was fired from Planned Parenthood as a result.
5. Planned Parenthood provides sexually explicit material to children as young as 10 years of age. The American Life League has exposed how Planned Parenthood's sex education consists of rather graphic images to children–so much so that the New York Times and Washington Post denied requests from ALL to print the images in their respective papers. Planned Parenthood provides these graphic advertisements as sex education in order to eventually get children addicted to sex and then seek abortions, which provides Planned Parenthood with more cash.
6. Cecile Richards, the president of Planned Parenthood, had an abortion and is proud of it. In an interview with CafeMom, Richards said, "I had an abortion when I already had my three children. My husband and I had decided that our family was complete."
Later in the interview, she seriously said that her "children are the best thing I've ever done in my life"–except apparently for that one unborn baby she aborted because, as RedState's Brandon Morse notes, Richards felt that last unborn baby would be "inconvenient."
There's simply no other way to put it–Richards getting the abortion as a matter of convenience and then continuing to gloat about it is evil.
7. Planned Parenthood's profits are declining. The organization's 2014-15 yearly report revealed that their profits declined by 53.7 percent, as private donations to the organization also declined by 9.8 percent. The number of abortions Planned Parenthood performed also declined by 1.1 percent and their services as a whole declined by 10.7 percent. However, their government funding increased by 4.8 percent, as the organization now receives $553.7 million in taxpayer funding. Richards has also had her salary increased by 40 percent since 2011.
8. Planned Parenthood claims that only three percent of their services are abortions. This is a lie. One of the justifications that Planned Parenthood and their allied leftists use to continue the organization's taxpayer funding is their claim that abortion only consists of three percent of the organization's services, and is therefore not a key tenant of their business. Rich Lowry debunked this myth in a New York Post column:
The 3 percent figure is derived by counting abortion as just another service like much less consequential services.
So abortion is considered a service no different than a pregnancy test (1.1 million), even though a box with two pregnancy tests can be procured from the local drugstore for less than $10.
By Planned Parenthood’s math, a woman who gets an abortion but also a pregnancy test, an STD test and some contraceptives has received four services, and only 25 percent of them are abortion. This is a little like performing an abortion and giving a woman an aspirin, and saying only half of what you do is abortion.
Planned Parenthood performs an estimated 330,000 abortions a year, per Lowry, which equates to about 30 percent of all abortions nationwide. This does not include the numerous amount of abortifacients that Planned Parenthood provides.
There's also the fact that around one-third of Planned Parenthood's income comes from abortions–meaning that abortions are key part of its business model.
9. Community health centers provide better health care services for women than Planned Parenthood does. Another excuse for funding Planned Parenthood is the claim that it provides all these health services to women that they otherwise couldn't afford. But according to Democrats for Life, community health centers have more open facilities than Planned Parenthood (over 9,000 to less than 700, respectively), serve more patients (21 million to 2.7 million), provide more pap tests (over 1.7 million to almost 380,000) and actually provide mammograms, as it has been established that Planned Parenthood does not provide that service.
But most importantly, community health centers don't provide abortions, and leftists just can't get behind that.
10. States can't cut Title X funding from Planned Parenthood. The Daily Wire has reported that President Barack Obama's Department of Health and Human Services has recently issued a regulation that prevents states from denying federal Title X funding to Planned Parenthood, revealing the enormity of the abortion industry's influence on the Obama administration as well as how being pro-abortion doesn't mean being "pro-choice," since taxpayers are being forced to subsidize abortions regardless of their beliefs. The reason why Democrats like Obama are ensuring that tax dollars subsidize Planned Parenthood is....
11. Planned Parenthood spends millions of dollars to promote Democrats. Data from OpenSecrets found that "political action entities, employees, and families of employees of Planned Parenthood and its affiliates devoted $33.9 million to outside spending mostly related to electing Democrats" from 2012 to 2016, with Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton being among the top recipients in Planned Parenthood money.
This is why leftist Democrats are so reluctant to cut funding to Planned Parenthood–the abortion giant gives them a large chunk of financial support, which is far more important to leftist Democrats than Planned Parenthood's hideous, barbaric nature.