Exactly one year ago today then-President-elect Donald Trump ripped CNN’s Jim Acosta at a press conference in what turned into one of the most epic clips of Trump’s political career.
The anticipated press conference was centered around the bogus anti-Trump dossier that was published by BuzzFeed News, and quickly spiraled into a circus spectacle as Acosta obnoxiously tried to seek attention in front of the cameras.
Trump shut him down.
“Your organization is terrible,” Trump told Acosta.
“You’re attacking us, can you give us a question?” Acosta replied.
“Don’t be rude. No, I’m not going to give you a question. You are fake news,” Trump said as people in the crowd clapped.
Trump’s labeling of CNN as “fake news” has turned out to be more than accurate as the left-wing news organization has repeatedly reported false information about Trump during his first year in office. Examples include:
- CNN falsely reported key details of a story regarding Donald Trump Jr.
- CNN quietly walked back a previous report suggesting Jeff Sessions colluded with Russia.
- CNN was forced to issue a humiliating correction after Comey testimony vindicated Trump.
- CNN forced to retract a slanderous story about Anthony Scaramucci.
- CNN deceptively edited a video of Trump feeding fish to make him look bad.
- CNN falsely claimed that a Republican donor funded the anti-Trump dossier.