A reporter with a local Fox affiliate went off script during live television on Monday to claim that she was being muzzled and that she intended to release recordings to James O’Keefe’s Project Veritas.
FOX 26 reporter Ivory Hecker said on air:
Before we get to that story, I want to let you the viewers know that Fox Corp. has been muzzling me to keep certain information from you the viewers. And from what I’m gathering, I am not the only reporter being subjected to this. I am going to be releasing some recordings about what goes on behind the scenes at Fox because it applies to you the viewers. I found a nonprofit journalism group called Project Veritas that’s gonna help put that out tomorrow, so tune into them. But as for this heat wave across Texas, you can see what it’s doing to AC units.
Project Veritas confirmed to The Daily Wire that they will be releasing more information on the matter tomorrow.
BREAKING: Fox 26 Houston TV Reporter @IvoryHecker Informs Network LIVE ON AIR That She Has Been Secretly Recording Them and Intends on Telling Her Story to Project Veritas #Fox26Whistleblower pic.twitter.com/wKbb1SaDGN
— Matthew Tyrmand (@MatthewTyrmand) June 14, 2021
Hecker told Newsweek that her issue with the television network “had taken a dark turn last August” after an interview she conducted and she says that she was told to not talk about opposing “censorship.”
“They decided they didn’t like what the interview subject had said, and they went on to internally harass and defame me,” Hecker said. “I knew I was not working for a journalistic organization when I was called into an HR meeting in December and was told to keep my support for free speech and opposition to censorship to myself—that those were not matters to be publicly spoken about.”
“True journalism can’t exist in an environment of censorship,” Hecker continued. “True journalism needs an environment of free speech.”
Project Veritas has a well documented history of exposing left-wing bias inside news organizations and tech companies.
The Daily Wire has highlighted numerous stories released by Project Veritas, including:
- WATCH: CNN’s Brian Stelter Confronted Over Explosive Videos Released By Project Veritas
- CNN Director: Network ‘Trying To Help BLM,’ Shootings ‘Lose A Little Steam’ If Suspect Is Not White
- CNN Director: CNN Reporters Manipulate People, Those On TV Have ‘Proven Track Record’ Of Taking ‘Bait’
- CNN Director: We Worked To Oust Trump, We Create ‘Propaganda,’ Use ‘Fear’ To Pass Climate Agenda
- Secretly Recorded Video Reportedly Shows Migrant Children Held Under Bridge At ‘Makeshift’ CBP Processing Center
- Texas Woman Exposed By Project Veritas Arrested For Voter Fraud
- O’Keefe Releases Tape Of CNN Head Jeff Zucker Telling Staff ‘To Go Well After’ GOP Senator; CNN Threatens O’Keefe With Legal Action
- Sanders Campaign Rocked Again: More Staff Caught Advocating Violence Against Opponents
- BOMBSHELL: ABC News Killed Epstein-Clinton Story, Says Anchor In Hot Mic Video
- Another Bernie Staffer Allegedly Promotes Violence: Kill The Rich, Put Republicans In Camps
This report has been updated to include additional information.