Conservative broadcaster and Fox News host Dan Bongino was permanently banned by YouTube on Wednesday, with the video-sharing platform claiming that he attempted to evade a prior suspension.
The evasion included Bongino uploading new video content to his primary video channel while a second channel used to share short video clips from his radio program was actively suspended due to YouTube’s COVID-19 misinformation policy.
Both of Bongino’s YouTube channels have now been shut down and he will no longer be able to create a new channel, a spokesman from the company told The Hill on Wednesday.
Earlier in January, Bongino said his YouTube account had been temporarily suspended and demonetized for 30 days. His suspended channel had nearly 900,000 subscribers.
Bongino, who also hosts programs on Fox News and Fox Nation, has increasingly shifted his focus to the free speech video platform Rumble. On Wednesday, the Bongino Report noted his Rumble account has topped two million subscribers, more than twice the number of subscribers he had reached on YouTube.
“The explosive growth in followers on Rumble has no parallel,” Bongino said in a statement. “We haven’t seen anything like it on other content platforms. The subs, the views and the hours-watched on Rumble speak for themselves. Rumble is the future.”
Dan Bongino Podcast Tops Two Million Subscribers On Rumble. 👇🏻👇🏻 https://t.co/jUtVcSwHia
— Bongino Report (@BonginoReport) January 26, 2022
Bongino is also noted as an investor in Rumble.
“The rapid growth of Bongino’s channel reflects broad public interest in the content he is producing,” Rumble CEO Chris Pavlovski said in a statement on Wednesday. “His channel has grown much faster on Rumble than on YouTube as consumers flock to Rumble because they know we won’t selectively censor creators.”
The conservative broadcaster is certainly no stranger to controversy. Last year, the popular radio host and podcaster threatened to leave his radio program over its vaccine mandate, even though Bongino has been vaccinated. The issue led to an article from a Washington Post reporter that led to Bongino blasting the writer. The Daily Wire previously reported:
Conservative radio host Dan Bongino blasted a Washington Post reporter in an email following a report over his vaccine mandate response, referring to the writer as a “dips***.”
The email was made public on Twitter by The Washington Post’s Jeremy Barr on Tuesday. The post referred to an alleged December 20 email from Bongino that read:
Are you a dips*** all the time, or just on weekdays? Do you even listen to my show where I explained what’s going on? Or is your oddly shaped head so far up your ass that you can’t hear? Given that you’re a chump, and a coward, who has never stood for a single thing in your entire sorry life, I’m not surprised you left out all of the relevant details of the story. Lose my email, and don’t bother contacting me again. Thanks, and have a Merry Christmas. Off to the spam file labeled “media dips***s” you go.
Since everyone is talking about @eosnos’ excellent profile of Dan Bongino, I wanted to share an email that Dan sent me after I published a story last week (featuring his input) about his pledge to quit his Cumulus Media radio show: https://t.co/YQOjrCNh4G pic.twitter.com/ZuSARjICqu
— Jeremy Barr (@jeremymbarr) December 29, 2021
The Daily Wire is one of America’s fastest-growing conservative media companies and counter-cultural outlets for news, opinion, and entertainment. Get inside access to The Daily Wire by becoming a member.