Fox News has decided to part ways with Eric Bolling following accusations of sexual harassment against the longtime host and contributor.
According to CNN:
In a statement on Friday, Fox said that it was canceling “The Specialists,” the late afternoon talk show co-hosted by Bolling that launched earlier this year, and that it had agreed to part with him “amicably.”
“We thank Eric for his ten years of service to our loyal viewers and wish him the best of luck,” the statement said.
In early August, The Huffington Post published an explosive piece claiming (via multiple anonymous sources) that Bolling had engaged in sexual harassment during his time at Fox News. The report claimed that the host had “sent an unsolicited photo of male genitalia via text message to at least two colleagues at Fox Business and one colleague at Fox News.”
Bolling’s attorney, Michael J. Bowe, released a statement in which he vociferously denied the allegations on behalf of his client: “The anonymous, uncorroborated claims are untrue and terribly unfair. We intend to fully cooperate with the investigation so that it can be concluded and Eric can return to work as quickly as possible.”
Aside from a Friday tweet regarding prayers “for those in the path of Irma,” Bolling has remained relatively quiet on social media, having not tweeted since August 9, when he wrote: “I will continue to fight against these false smear attacks! THANK YOU FOR CONTINUED SUPPORT.”
As of this publication, Bolling has not released a statement pertaining to his departure from Fox News.