On Monday, conservative media platform TheBlaze and the company’s founder, Glenn Beck, filed a counter lawsuit against conservative firebrand Tomi Lahren, alleging the 24-year-old “was divisive and created conflicts with other media personalities.”
Lahren initially sued the media outlet for “wrongful termination” after The Blaze suspended and eventually banned the commentator from appearing on the platform. In a statement, TheBlaze said they were perplexed over the suit since Lahren was not in fact fired, rather, remains under contract until September of 2017 and is still being paid.
According to the countersuit, which was obtained by Law Newz, Lahren was not banned from the platform for being pro-abortion, as she has publicly claimed, but for a litany of past poor behavior.
Her now-infamous appearance on The View, where the 24-year-old suggested conservatives are hypocrites for simultaneously holding small government and pro-life views, was “simply the latest in a series of events that led TheBlaze management to conclude that TheBlaze did not intend to extend her contract beyond the end of its term in September 2017,” claims the countersuit.
“I can’t sit here and be a hypocrite and say I’m for limited government but I think that the government should decide what women do with their bodies,” Lahren said during the appearance, garnering enormous praise from the feminist View audience and panelists. “Stay out of my guns, and you can stay out of my body as well.”
Lahren’s behavior while representing TheBlaze was said to have “embarrassed” other employees, the suit further alleges.
“Lahren was divisive and created conflicts with other media personalities at TheBlaze,” the suit claims. “Lahren’s treatment of the floor crew was inappropriate and unprofessional, constantly complaining about everything including but not limited to lighting, room temperature, editing, shooting, directing, etc.”
As noted by The Daily Caller, the countersuit seeks to bar Lahren from “‘making any public appearances without TheBlaze’s prior approval,’ from publicly commenting about TheBlaze and from ‘disparaging, criticizing, ridiculing, or making any negative comments about TheBlaze, Beck, or any of its or his employees or family members, or anyone else known by Lahren to be a friend or other associate of Beck.'”
During a bizarre interview on ABC’s Nightline earlier this month, Lahren blasted the conservative media platform for both firing her and not letting her go. The commentator also lamented no longer having access to her Facebook page.
“It’s official: We are now as confused as Tomi seems to be,” a Blaze spokesman told The New York Post in response to Lahren’s actions. “It’s not every day that a current employee sues for being fired, but then gives an interview asking to be fired.”
The spokesman added, “For the record, Tomi has had, and continues to have, access to the Facebook account in question. None of this makes sense … TheBlaze continues to comply with its agreement with her.”